• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking back control - US president decides who should be UK ambassador to US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Trump might change his mind on Huawei, because he needs to to a deal with China.

How embarrassing a foreign policy flip-flopping to suit US interests.

Is Huawei a threat? ask Donald Trump. We might as well do away with our own intelligence services.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      MI6 are also saying do something about the Chinese or no trade deal? Looks like U.K. sovereignty is up for sale to anyone.
      You're right, it would be so much easier all round if we let Brussels hang on to it...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        You're right, it would be so much easier all round if we let Brussels hang on to it...
        Indeed, it will be no problem to negotiate a veto to stop Donald Trump pushing the UK around.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Considering we have a seat on the EU Council, 75/650 odd MEPs, and seats in the various commissions, vs an orange man-baby that thinks that the only good deal is one where he wins and the other side loses, that’s probably a good idea.

Glad you’re coming around to it.

Comment

Considering we have a seat on the EU Council, 75/650 odd MEPs, and seats in the various commissions, vs an orange man-baby that thinks that the only good deal is one where he wins and the other side loses, that’s probably a good idea.

Glad you’re coming around to it.
            I was being slightly sarcastic. The orange man-baby (as you so quaintly put it) might be gone next year, so whilst we should eventually see someone reasonable in the WH, there's little prospect of that happening in Brussels. Instead we have ourselves a passionate Federalist*. That's not my idea of a "good idea".

*She's wasn't considered competent enough to replace Merkel, you couldn't make it up...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I was being slightly sarcastic. The orange man-baby (as you so quaintly put it) might be gone next year, so whilst we should eventually see someone reasonable in the WH, there's little prospect of that happening in Brussels. Instead we have ourselves a passionate Federalist*. That's not my idea of a "good idea".

*She's wasn't considered competent enough to replace Merkel, you couldn't make it up...
              I was assuming you were sarcastic :-)

Someone “reasonable” in the White House? What difference will that make? The USA is one of the three top economies in the world (besides the EU and China). They will dictate terms, we will bend over. We simply don’t have the economic clout alone to compete, and we’ve just shown (through the treatment of our Ambassador) that we don’t have the political clout either.

I happen to agree that the choice of Commission President isn’t the greatest one. It’s a good thing therefore that in reality they have very little actual clout.

Comment

MI6 are also saying do something about the Chinese or no trade deal? Looks like U.K. sovereignty is up for sale to anyone.
                Everything is for sale it's about negotiating the right price.

[emoji3166]

Comment

Working...
                X