• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man of the people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris and Jeremy have promised to give Dyson even more money after Brexit, but no fear this will come from the magic money tree.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      He gets nearly GBP3m in subsidies from the U.K. After all, it’s our money we send....

Why? Will the U.K. be stopping all subsidies to farmers? Haven’t heard that one, do you have a cite?
      And he gets nearly GBP3m in subsidies from the EU for them....
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        And he gets nearly GBP3m in subsidies from the EU for them....
        One of the main arguments for Brexit is that the money that the EU spends in the U.K. is just the UK’s money with an admin fee removed.

Ergo, he gets nearly GBP 3m from the U.K.

Will this stop after October? No. At least, not until 2022.

Farm payments if there’s no Brexit deal - GOV.UK

Comment

One of the main arguments for Brexit is that the money that the EU spends in the U.K. is just the UK’s money with an admin fee removed.

Ergo, he gets nearly GBP 3m from the U.K.

Will this stop after October? No. At least, not until 2022.

Farm payments if there’s no Brexit deal - GOV.UK
          I'm sure there will be no disruption to payments. After all lessons were learnt from Universal Credit enrollment...

Comment

What about the billions the EU have spent in the rest of Europe? They must have a better magic money tree than we do...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              I'm sure there will be no disruption to payments. After all lessons were learnt from Universal Credit enrollment...
              Farmers tend to be Tory supporters, UC recipients tend to be Labour supporters. There will be no disruption (unless there’s a change in government)

(An oversimplification and someone will probably pop in to correct the numbers....)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                What about the billions the EU have spent in the rest of Europe? They must have a better magic money tree than we do...
                I’ve highlighted the bit that we’re part of. It’s the same money tree.

Comment

I’ve highlighted the bit that we’re part of. It’s the same money tree.
                  You implied we get our money back minus an admin fee (after all, someone's got to pay Juncker's bar-bill, sorry, pension.)
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You implied we get our money back minus an admin fee (after all, someone's got to pay Farage's bar-bill, sorry, pension)
                    FTFY
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You implied we get our money back minus an admin fee (after all, someone's got to pay Juncker's bar-bill, sorry, pension.)
                      Did I? If I did, I didn’t mean to - clearly the U.K. pays in more cash then it gets back in cash (I’m being very specific with the wording there).

The point was that Dyson’s payments are (effectively) from the U.K. anyway, and that this won’t stop in October.

Comment

Working...
                      X