• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    And that's why I will never get married...
    That and the fact that that you're an ugly ****er!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      Just reviving this to see if their are any success stories yet, or any expected in the future.

Although this is not an academic document citations would be appreciated.
      Not having to bail-out Greece/Italy/Spain/Portugal/Ireland next time they default (estimated £200bn saved in the short term)
      Not having to pay Brussels for every financial transaction in the UK (trillions saved)

Keeping the head of state we currently have. Priceless.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Just reviving this to see if their are any success stories yet, or any expected in the future.

Although this is not an academic document citations would be appreciated.
        I've had a contract extension. Been asked if I'll take over the whole PM team and become interim Head of PM. The other side of the business is lacking any IT direction so it looks like I'm picking that up too*

Brexit is going well for me thanks

* I put myself inside IR35 so no risks
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Not having to bail-out Greece/Italy/Spain/Portugal/Ireland next time they default (estimated £200bn saved in the short term)
          Not having to pay Brussels for every financial transaction in the UK (trillions saved)

How many trillions, would you estimate?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            How many trillions, would you estimate?
            London does 3x the financial business that the rest of the EU put together does (hence the new tax falling harder on the UK). It's difficult to estimate precisely how many trillions, but I'd hope it's in single figures. They haven't set the rate yet, but if we end up staying in, you can be sure they'd whack the rate up.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I thought who bail-out those countries was the ECB, that doesn't have much to do with EU and even less with the UK!

The ECB is responsible for the stability and control of the eurozone (countries that use euro as currency) the same way BOE controls the Pound! Now, I understand is complicated for some Brexiteers to understand the difference between eurozone and EU but trust me, they are two very different things!

Therefore, the UK didn't bail-out any of those countries (I know this is one of the many common lies Brexiteers like to spread, but it's just that, a big fat lie). It wouldn't make sense... why UK would be interested to save a currency they do not use?! UK would actually benefit from a weaker euro...

Obviously as a shareholder the UK have some interest on the ECB, but just in the same way anyone have interest on a company of who we hold some shares or bonds!
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

London does 3x the financial business that the rest of the EU put together does (hence the new tax falling harder on the UK). It's difficult to estimate precisely how many trillions, but I'd hope it's in single figures. They haven't set the rate yet, but if we end up staying in, you can be sure they'd whack the rate up.

Wowwwwww! Are those figures per year or per life time!?

So you are telling me we gonna save in the region of the amount of our current GDP per whatever timeframe we are talking here!?

So they were right we really will become the greatest and richest country in the planet!!! (probably in the all galaxy)

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                  I thought who bail-out those countries was the ECB, that doesn't have much to do with EU and even less with the UK!

The ECB is responsible for the stability and control of the eurozone (countries that use euro as currency) the same way BOE controls the Pound! Now, I understand is complicated for some Brexiteers to understand the difference between eurozone and EU but trust me, they are two very different things!

Therefore, the UK didn't bail-out any of those countries (I know this is one of the many common lies Brexiteers like to spread, but it's just that, a big fat lie). It wouldn't make sense... why UK would be interested to save a currency they do not use?! UK would actually benefit from a weaker euro...

Obviously as a shareholder the UK have some interest on the ECB, but just in the same way anyone have interest on a company of who we hold some shares or bonds!
                  Oi, thick twat, read this! From the Irish Times, something tells me that they're not Brexiteers...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Oi, thick twat, read this! From the Irish Times, something tells me that they're not Brexiteers...
                    Do you even understand English!? Or maybe you are just stupid!

"The [British] government agreed to provide a bilateral loan to Ireland because it is in the UK’s national interest that Ireland has a successful economy and a stable banking system."

So, UK loans some money for a good profit (interest), and by the UK own agreement and national interest (as stated on the link you kindly provided). Still you take this kind of loan as a possible future saving for getting out of the EU!?

"The LOAN was made at the same time as a bailout by the European Commission, International Monetary Fund and European Central Bank and at a time when the country’s banking system threatened to implode."

So from your link we can conclude that ECB, IMF and EC bailout Ireland, UK loan some money!?

Have you even read the link you sent or you just focus on the title!?

Do you understand that even if UK was not in the EU, most likely you would loan the money anyway, simple because it's a good deal (you get good interest on the loan) and on national economic interest!?

Doesn't UK loan money to many other countries outside the EU!? Is this also a potential saving for getting out of the EU!?

Comment

You'll have to explain that one for me. How has the EU threatened to depose Brenda?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X