Tory civil war Tory civil war - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Tory civil war

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Can we no just put then all in the Gladiator pit? Last man standing and all that?
    Gladiator?

Why not have to quickest to bleed all the radiators in their house?

More fingers than teeth

Boris Johnson's team considering dissolving parliament in October

The show down is coming soon. Looks like there will be a no confidence vote beforehand for which he'll probably get some Labour support.

It's probably going to be a close one. Interesting though would be whether the Labour MPs who vote for him in the first confidence motion would vote for him in a second one in November with the country falling apart at the seams. No deal Brexit, closely followed by a GE ?

be afraid

I'm alright Jack

More fingers than teeth

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Imagine what will happen to the pound on that day. Not to mention house prices, economic standing etc etc.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

I Am Legend

Imagine what will happen to the pound on that day. Not to mention house prices, economic standing etc etc.
    OMG. Not more gloom for house prices? Not going up again?

When will we get some good news and they drop?

Contractor Among Contractors

Why would house prices drop? People who are living in them aren't suddenly going to all leave and live on the street creating a glut of empty properties. I would have thought the reverse would happen. Loads of cheap £s for foreign buyers would push up prices in the capital which would ripple out through the country.

I imagine the pound and the stock market would have a blip but start to recover eventually as the deadlock would finally be broken and individuals and companies can finally start planning with a bit of certainty again.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    I imagine the pound and the stock market would have a blip but start to recover eventually as the deadlock would finally be broken and individuals and companies can finally start planning with a bit of certainty again.
    The thing is, the uncertainty has been going on for 3 years now, the blip has been in evidence for 3 years. Still no sign of the easiest deal in history. Still no solution to the Irish border. Still just empty promises and playing the blame game.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    The thing is, the uncertainty has been going on for 3 years now, the blip has been in evidence for 3 years. Still no sign of the easiest deal in history. Still no solution to the Irish border. Still just empty promises and playing the blame game.
    I am more certain than ever that Westminster is full of people who don't believe in democracy.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    Why would house prices drop? People who are living in them aren't suddenly going to all leave and live on the street creating a glut of empty properties. I would have thought the reverse would happen. Loads of cheap £s for foreign buyers would push up prices in the capital which would ripple out through the country.

Housing crashes don't happen because the population suddenly plummets and everyone leaves their houses. Housing crashes occur when there is a recession usually combined with rising interest rates.
    I'm alright Jack

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    OMG. Not more gloom for house prices? Not going up again?

When will we get some good news and they drop?
    Maybe you should move to London: London house prices suffer biggest slump since 2009, as pound keeps dropping - business live | Business | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

More fingers than teeth

Indeed a 4% drop in one month and still a few months from a no deal Brexit. Given the scale of redundancies now going on in the City, hardly surprising.
    I'm alright Jack