• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory civil war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Can we no just put then all in the Gladiator pit? Last man standing and all that?
    Gladiator?

Why not have to quickest to bleed all the radiators in their house?

Comment

Boris Johnson's team considering dissolving parliament in October

The show down is coming soon. Looks like there will be a no confidence vote beforehand for which he'll probably get some Labour support.

It's probably going to be a close one. Interesting though would be whether the Labour MPs who vote for him in the first confidence motion would vote for him in a second one in November with the country falling apart at the seams. No deal Brexit, closely followed by a GE ?

be afraid

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Imagine what will happen to the pound on that day. Not to mention house prices, economic standing etc etc.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Imagine what will happen to the pound on that day. Not to mention house prices, economic standing etc etc.
          OMG. Not more gloom for house prices? Not going up again?

When will we get some good news and they drop?

Comment

Why would house prices drop? People who are living in them aren't suddenly going to all leave and live on the street creating a glut of empty properties. I would have thought the reverse would happen. Loads of cheap £s for foreign buyers would push up prices in the capital which would ripple out through the country.

I imagine the pound and the stock market would have a blip but start to recover eventually as the deadlock would finally be broken and individuals and companies can finally start planning with a bit of certainty again.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              I imagine the pound and the stock market would have a blip but start to recover eventually as the deadlock would finally be broken and individuals and companies can finally start planning with a bit of certainty again.
              The thing is, the uncertainty has been going on for 3 years now, the blip has been in evidence for 3 years. Still no sign of the easiest deal in history. Still no solution to the Irish border. Still just empty promises and playing the blame game.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                The thing is, the uncertainty has been going on for 3 years now, the blip has been in evidence for 3 years. Still no sign of the easiest deal in history. Still no solution to the Irish border. Still just empty promises and playing the blame game.
                I am more certain than ever that Westminster is full of people who don't believe in democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                  Why would house prices drop? People who are living in them aren't suddenly going to all leave and live on the street creating a glut of empty properties. I would have thought the reverse would happen. Loads of cheap £s for foreign buyers would push up prices in the capital which would ripple out through the country.

Housing crashes don't happen because the population suddenly plummets and everyone leaves their houses. Housing crashes occur when there is a recession usually combined with rising interest rates.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    OMG. Not more gloom for house prices? Not going up again?

When will we get some good news and they drop?
                    Maybe you should move to London: London house prices suffer biggest slump since 2009, as pound keeps dropping - business live | Business | The Guardian
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Indeed a 4% drop in one month and still a few months from a no deal Brexit. Given the scale of redundancies now going on in the City, hardly surprising.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X