Tory civil war Tory civil war
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Tory civil war

  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,225

    Default Tory civil war

    Grieve: senior Tories may have to vote down Johnson government

    Grieve: senior Tories may have to vote down Johnson government | Politics | The Guardian


  2. #2

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    102,704

    Default

    So you think MPs would face a general election?

    Like Turkeys voting for Christmas....

  3. #3

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Like Turkeys voting for Christmas....
    Bit like the referendum.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

  4. #4

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,407

    Default

    The will of the people in 2017 was that we should have a Tory Government led by Theresa May.

    Until the will of the people changes, which is never, then we must always have a Tory Government led by Theresa May. It's how democracy works. One vote, if it's the result you want, even if you don't understand what you voted for, and then no change ever again (or at least not for 40 years)
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  5. #5

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    102,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    The will of the people in 2017 was that we should have a Tory Government led by Theresa May.

    Until the will of the people changes, which is never, then we must always have a Tory Government led by Theresa May. It's how democracy works. One vote, if it's the result you want, even if you don't understand what you voted for, and then no change ever again (or at least not for 40 years)
    I think you have confused elections with referendums.

    Next you will suggest EU elections should have the same rules......

  6. #6

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think you have confused elections with referendums.

    Next you will suggest EU elections should have the same rules......

    I'm mixing up people voting for something based on promises & lies, versus people voting for something based on promises and lies.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  7. #7

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    102,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm mixing up people voting for something based on promises & lies, versus people voting for something based on promises and lies.
    Elections decide which party will lie to us.

    Referedum is a vote on a specific issue. The result of which will be ignored.

  8. #8

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Elections decide which party will lie to us.

    Referedum is a vote on a specific issue. The result of which will be ignored.
    It's not being ignored, but it doesn't seem to be working out.
    I'm alright Jack

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,294

    Default

    Can we no just put then all in the Gladiator pit? Last man standing and all that?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Can we no just put then all in the Gladiator pit? Last man standing and all that?
    Hunger Games!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •