• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory civil war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory civil war

Grieve: senior Tories may have to vote down Johnson government

Grieve: senior Tories may have to vote down Johnson government | Politics | The Guardian

So you think MPs would face a general election?

Like Turkeys voting for Christmas....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Like Turkeys voting for Christmas....
      Bit like the referendum.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The will of the people in 2017 was that we should have a Tory Government led by Theresa May.

Until the will of the people changes, which is never, then we must always have a Tory Government led by Theresa May. It's how democracy works. One vote, if it's the result you want, even if you don't understand what you voted for, and then no change ever again (or at least not for 40 years)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The will of the people in 2017 was that we should have a Tory Government led by Theresa May.

Until the will of the people changes, which is never, then we must always have a Tory Government led by Theresa May. It's how democracy works. One vote, if it's the result you want, even if you don't understand what you voted for, and then no change ever again (or at least not for 40 years)
          I think you have confused elections with referendums.

Next you will suggest EU elections should have the same rules......

Comment

I think you have confused elections with referendums.

Next you will suggest EU elections should have the same rules......

I'm mixing up people voting for something based on promises & lies, versus people voting for something based on promises and lies.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I'm mixing up people voting for something based on promises & lies, versus people voting for something based on promises and lies.
              Elections decide which party will lie to us.

Referedum is a vote on a specific issue. The result of which will be ignored.

Comment

Elections decide which party will lie to us.

Referedum is a vote on a specific issue. The result of which will be ignored.
                It's not being ignored, but it doesn't seem to be working out.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Can we no just put then all in the Gladiator pit? Last man standing and all that?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Can we no just put then all in the Gladiator pit? Last man standing and all that?
                    Hunger Games!

Comment

Working...
                    X