• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New EU Commission President nominee to prepare for Brexit Delay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's right the 27 other EU leaders hold all the cards.

FTFY ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      FTFY ;-)
      That's what you said last time.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        That's right the UK holds all the cards.

We have the Joker, but I don't think he adds much value in gin rummy
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

As Boris asserts himself so the pound continues to crash.

Pound sinks on comments from Boris Johnson

You can see where it's going and parity with the EUR USD seems optimistic.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

When's the result? And if she wins, who do you think she'll put in charge of her EU Army? Will it be an Italian?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              When's the result? And if she wins, who do you think she'll put in charge of her EU Army? Will it be an Italian?

Why do you care?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Why do you care?
                Because if we don't leave, we're in this "democratic" travesty until death us do part. I think that's worth caring about.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Because if we don't leave, we're in this "democratic" travesty until death us do part. I think that's worth caring about.
                  Is that the democratic travesty where there’s a veto against being in an EU army? And if you have a veto, why do you care?

The hunt for an EU army - Full Fact

Member countries would have a veto on any such plans, so the UK would only take part if it chose to.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Is that the democratic travesty where there’s a veto against being in an EU army? And if you have a veto, why do you care?

The hunt for an EU army - Full Fact
                    The UK has a veto on participating (for as long as the UK is independent - judge for yourself how long that may be) but we don't have a veto on the formation of an EU Army (effectively a full EU military, including Navy and Air Force).
                    Since that would kill NATO, Europe is toast if the Russians start to play dirty. We will need to hang on to those pitchforks. If you don't have a pitchfork, your cutlery should suffice*.

*It won't, I'm taking the piss...

The democratic travesty, you idiot, is that the vote for EU Commission President was between a fanatical Federalist and whom? Even Putin has the grace to put a muppet up against him, so far all the EU Executive posts have been appointments, and the only one to go to a vote had no opposition. And she only just won. You might be happy to live in a nation state which treats democracy with something resembling contempt, but I have my reservations.

Comment

And this is what she thinks about European Nations retaining their independence:

Ursula von der Leyen - Wikipedia

Game Over. One way or the other...

Comment

Working...
                      X