GBP - How low will it go? GBP - How low will it go? - Page 14
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Posts 131 to 140 of 240
  1. #131

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    1 gbp=€1.06748=$1.20354
    So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

    Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?

  2. #132

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

    Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?
    Soon £1 = €1 We’ve finally joined the Euro and it’s all thanks to Brexiteers. Congratulations lads, you did it.
    Last edited by Eirikur; 10th August 2019 at 10:50.

  3. #133

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

    Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?
    It’s the trend that’s important and rate or change - very fast this country is getting poorer, you don’t get it because you are a fooking Brexidiot who is responsible for current mess

  4. #134

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default

    Wowzers - this trading surely is algorithmic. January 2009 was the last time the pound was down here. Tory power, turning turning your wealth into toilet paper.

    Feeling totally smug selling my Edinburgh place when I did and cashing into Euros.



    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  5. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Wowzers - this trading surely is algorithmic. January 2009 was the last time the pound was down here. Tory power, turning turning your wealth into toilet paper.

    Feeling totally smug selling my Edinburgh place when I did and cashing into Euros.



    You live in Germany, why wouldn't you?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  6. #136

    More time posting than coding

    CryingSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

    Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?
    I think you dont understand basic economy!

    UK has a negative net exports - meaning it imports more than exports! Now, when you import something you have to pay it in the origin country currency.

    If the pounds drops half its value compared to Euro and dollar, everything UK imports from Eurozone and USA will cost the double in pounds!

    Of course because UK will be in 'sales' the amount of exports will increase what will help to counter balance the negative impact, but this only means that in the end instead of costing double will cost 30/40/50% more what is enough to put loads of people in poverty.

    Cmon, make an effort, I'm sure you can get there...
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

  7. #137

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingSheep View Post
    I think you dont understand basic economy!

    UK has a negative net exports - meaning it imports more than exports! Now, when you import something you have to pay it in the origin country currency.

    If the pounds drops half its value compared to Euro and dollar, everything UK imports from Eurozone and USA will cost the double in pounds!

    Of course because UK will be in 'sales' the amount of exports will increase what will help to counter balance the negative impact, but this only means that in the end instead of costing double will cost 30/40/50% more what is enough to put loads of people in poverty.

    Cmon, make an effort, I'm sure you can get there...
    I know someone desperate for a weak and worthless currency.


  8. #138

    More time posting than coding

    CryingSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I know someone desperate for a weak and worthless currency.

    There is a difference between wanting a very strong currency to be slightly weaker and a currency just being trashed!

    Plus since when trump is an example for anything... There seems to be a weird correlation between people supporting brexit and "supporting" trump ideas...I wonder why!? IQ coefficient maybe?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

  9. #139

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default

    To answer the OP - put me in for 86 cents.

    Can then buy back my Edinburgh place for 70% of the price I sold it, assuming the rock solid UK housing market holds.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 10th August 2019 at 17:16.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  10. #140

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So what? What makes a £ worth 2 Euros perfectly acceptable, but £1 = €1 the end of the World?

    Do you think it would be great if £1 = €10 ?? Then Britain is somehow the 'winner' ?
    The decline in sterling is a mark of the decline of the UK's economic outlook. But so what? Fook business.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •