• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soon it will be GBP=USD=EUR=CHF

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      soon it will be GBP=USD=EUR=CHF=BTC
      FTFY

Comment

Quite glad I had to cancel my holiday earlier this year. That little wad of Croatian Kuna I never got round to taking back to the bank will be worth a fortune.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Quite glad I had to cancel my holiday earlier this year. That little wad of Croatian Kuna I never got round to taking back to the bank will be worth a fortune.
          You might want to rebook in the next couple of years or so: Croatia launches bid to join euro waiting room – EURACTIV.com
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I am now insisting on payment from UK clients in hard currency. They don't seem too enthusiastic, only one client, *** UK has agreed - seems they have a lot of EUR. I am having to drop the UK clients as I cannot factor any GBP invoices to them invoices anymore due to DB's concerns on the future FX rates and the seasonal nature of my business.

Interestingly the Swiss seem very happy to be invoiced in EUR still as opposed to CHF. My Russian and Chinese clients will pay whatever it takes in whatever currency as long as it is handed over in an fat envelope.

I am only an SME with a 7 figure turnover & low 6 figure profit. I am really wondering what happens when the big boys start insisting on hard currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              soon it will be GBP=USD=EUR=CHF
              Sounds ripe for one global currency.

Comment

Ukrainian Hryvnia is doing very well against the pound
                a country that wants to join the EU and has a free trade agreement vs a country that wants to leave without any deal

See it all here:
                XE: GBP / UAH Currency Chart. British Pound to Ukrainian Hryvnia Rates
                Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                  Ukrainian Hryvnia is doing very well against the pound
                  a country that wants to join the EU and has a free trade agreement vs a country that wants to leave. without any deal

See it all here:
                  XE: GBP / UAH Currency Chart. British Pound to Ukrainian Hryvnia Rates
                  Gratis.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    I am now insisting on payment from UK clients in hard currency. They don't seem too enthusiastic, only one client, *** UK has agreed - seems they have a lot of EUR. I am having to drop the UK clients as I cannot factor any GBP invoices to them invoices anymore due to DB's concerns on the future FX rates and the seasonal nature of my business.

Interestingly the Swiss seem very happy to be invoiced in EUR still as opposed to CHF. My Russian and Chinese clients will pay whatever it takes in whatever currency as long as it is handed over in an fat envelope.

I am only an SME with a 7 figure turnover & low 6 figure profit. I am really wondering what happens when the big boys start insisting on hard currency.
                    The old man has an app on his phone, which will say in any one of 100+ languages:

Dollars or Euros only. Your Sterling is no good here.

Comment

EUR is about 15% overvalued at the moment.

GBP unlikely to fall below USD parity.

USD is likely to strengthen into 2020.

GBP was already too strong, Brexit is doing us a favour.

Comment

Working...
                      X