• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Those are YOUR observations, why would I ask anything to the Chancellor of the Exchequer & the BoE?

Germany has been artificially depreciating the value of the Euro for years. Based on what, you come up with that 15% figure?!

GBP unlikely to fall below USD parity - as getting parity with USD isn't damaging enough for the British economy! :S

GBP was already too strong, Brexit is doing us a favour - if that is the faith you have in the British economy, I can't argue with you, after all this are your observations...
    You seem to think that my observations are things that I want to be true? The kind of nonsense you get in the Guardian business sections, nearly as bad as the surreal Daily Mail Money section.

Comment

I'm invoicing a client in Canadian dollars at the moment. This month's payment was made today and turned out to be an appreciable bit more in sterling than it would've been a week, or even a few days, ago. A short term gain to be set against the long term impact on the nation's economy of sterling's decline, no doubt, but fine by me as far as this week's shopping goes

Comment

Nothing to worry about.

until you realise he was talking about devaluing from $2.80 to $2.40
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Quite glad I had to cancel my holiday earlier this year. That little wad of Croatian Kuna I never got round to taking back to the bank will be worth a fortune.
          You can now exchange it and purchase that packet of Polomints for £1.5 that used to cost £1.

Harold Wilson school of economics.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I'm invoicing a client in Canadian dollars at the moment. This month's payment was made today and turned out to be an appreciable bit more in sterling than it would've been a week, or even a few days, ago. A short term gain to be set against the long term impact on the nation's economy of sterling's decline, no doubt, but fine by me as far as this week's shopping goes
            Superb.

But you have the skills and the option to have overseas clients. Ron and Fred in Whetherspoons in Hull do not have that option. They will just complain how their pie and mash in Benidorm costs more.

Cleethorpes is a worthy alternative. I think they accept Britcoin, or it might just be speed and phone cards.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Superb.

But you have the skills and the option to have overseas clients. Ron and Fred in Whetherspoons in Hull do not have those option. They will just complain how their pie and mash in Benidorm costs more.
              Or they in Hull or Benidorm?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Or they in Hull or Benidorm?
                *are

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Superb.

But you have the skills and the option to have overseas clients. Ron and Fred in Whetherspoons in Hull do not have that option. They will just complain how their pie and mash in Benidorm costs more.

Cleethorpes is a worthy alternative. I think they accept Britcoin, or it might just be speed and phone cards.
                  Return of the great British seaside holiday:

Comment

Another 1% drop today as the pound sinks to parity and beyond with the Euro and USD.

You need to get on the right side of the trade.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thought we'd have seen a bounce back up to €1.10 by now. If anything the downward trend is accelerating according to this 3-day chart. Ugly.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X