• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    not really

then

now

You ever been to some of the more 'interesting' areas of Skelmersdale?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      You ever been to some of the more 'interesting' areas of Skelmersdale?
      Indeed I have, know it well, quite pleasant for the most part. Sure those concrete houses need renovating, but they're getting on with that.

New council houses to be built in Skelmersdale as part of Beechtrees revival - Southport Visiter

Not really comparable with the slums of the 1960s.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Indeed I have, know it well, quite pleasant for the most part. Sure those concrete houses need renovating, but they're getting on with that.

New council houses to be built in Skelmersdale as part of Beechtrees revival - Southport Visiter

Not really comparable with the slums of the 1960s.
        Where's Eileen Bilton when you need her? Give her a call on Skelmersdale 32123!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Where's Eileen Bilton when you need her? Give her a call on Skelmersdale 32123!

The wonderful world of regional adverts – World Of Crap

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Since joining the EU or trade in services has grown massively, as you claim was promised.

But since British Leyland, British Steel, The Coal Board etc were closed down (is that purely because of the EU in your eyes?) we have less to export.
            Also, before we joined the EU, petrol was 55p per gallon. And we had rationing. And there was less obesity. Are these things all the EU's fault, in your rose-tinted eyes?
            Those graphs show the balance of trade surplus/deficit and include revenue from exporting services. So they indicate to me that over the whole period of the UK's membership of the EU, our deficit has grown overall whereas prior to joining the deficit years were only marginal in financial terms. Remember, these are HMG figures. So how do you explain this?

and how do you explain the discrepancy in our gold reserves when compared to other EU countries -

Top 20 Countries With The Largest Gold Reserves, 2019 | CEOWORLD magazine

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              Those graphs show the balance of trade surplus/deficit and include revenue from exporting services. So they indicate to me that over the whole period of the UK's membership of the EU, our deficit has grown overall whereas prior to joining the deficit years were only marginal in financial terms. Remember, these are HMG figures. So how do you explain this?

and how do you explain the discrepancy in our gold reserves when compared to other EU countries -

Top 20 Countries With The Largest Gold Reserves, 2019 | CEOWORLD magazine
              Maybe, just maybe, since the late 70's, the UK had Governments who's main industrial policy was to close and sell everything it could get it's hands on while other countries invested in their industries ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

well, it certainly looked that way to me.
                So you're admitting you made it all up, but hey, your defense for total bollox is "it certainly looked tat way to me"?

You sir, are a total pillock
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

OK, I guess ...
                  Yes, you do a lot of guessing but don't present much knowledge.

Why not present some facts that are correct rather than alt-right lies then maybe we would take you a lilttle more seriously.

Then again, maybe we won't

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    To be fair there are still people in the UK which live in worse conditions than that.

So 45 years in the EU does not really seem to have had that much impact.....
                    No. There are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      So you're admitting you made it all up, but hey, your defense for total bollox is "it certainly looked tat way to me"?

You sir, are a total pillock
                      I didn't make up the fact that we had 29% inflation after decimalisation and high inflation was inevitable when the minimum price increase in the new money was 2.4 times greater than in the old money. I still believe this was part and parcel of the plan to bring our wages and prices up to par with the EU so that we could join the EU.

and just to demonstrate

it doesn't matter what the reality of speed cameras is, or what the police say the reality is, it's the public's perception of what the reality is, and that perception is that they are a cash generating device.

So, the public may be wrong, but your going to have a hell of a fight convincing them so!

Comment

Working...
                      X