• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBP

I think the pound will drop lower, but in my 25 year working life its been here a couple of times, and each time its gotten this low things have bounced back.

A competitive exchange like the one we have now boosts exports and reduces imports and that will give a push to the economy usually enough to start the exchange rate recovering back upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by highlandspring View Post
      I think the pound will drop lower, but in my 25 year working life its been here a couple of times, and each time its gotten this low things have bounced back.

A competitive exchange like the one we have now boosts exports and reduces imports and that will give a push to the economy usually enough to start the exchange rate recovering back upwards.
      Boosterism. That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by highlandspring View Post

It’s going to bounce back - that’s inevitable, but what level?

Comment

Trump says Boeing is suffering because of the strong dollar. So, nothing to do with its 737 Max aircraft and the number of dead.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              The decline in sterling is a mark of the decline of the UK's economic outlook. But so what? Fook business.
              Brexit isn't about business. Fook all business and the horse it rode in on!

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Basement level. What you find there might come as a surprise...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
                  What’s it about then to, say, the average punter in Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
                    The problem is that a t some level it is, and Brexiteers don't even see that...
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      No, I do not believe everything good in the UK is because of the EU.
                      Unlike you, I do not believe that everything bad in the UK must be somehow attributed to the EU, or a conspiracy linked to it.
                      OK, so, given the graphs, what would you attribute the huge increase in the balance of payments deficit, which has occurred only since we joined the EU?

Comment

Working...
                      X