• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    that's the problem with statistical correlation!

No, it's the problem with you, you dull troll.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      That's nothing compared to the suggestions made that Turkey would be joining the EU in the next couple of years, when anyone with a minimal knowledge of what is the EU and what it stands for will easily understand that that isn't even an option in the next 20 years (maybe way more)
      well, as I've said, however incorrect, the public's perception of the reality will be decisive.

The "temporary" speed limit on the M4 between junctions 41 and 42 installed in an attempt to reduce the claimed pollution that vehicles produce, ignoring the pollution created by Europe's largest steel works, has now been made permanent, without any obvious scientific evidence being published that I've seen, to demonstrate that pollution has been cut. Average speed cameras have also been installed. So, the general consensus of opinion with my associates is that it was all a ruse to justify extending the average speed cameras to increase revenue.

Comment

my only answer to that is that the EU hasn't proposed a ban on coal mining, which has proven to be much more injurious to many more people than chromium plating processes might have proven to be. I guess you don't use electricity generated by coal fired boilers then?
        Whataboutery. Your usual method of debating.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          No, it's the problem with you, you dull troll.
          you are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Whataboutery. Your usual method of debating.
            well, your usual reply when you can't counter statements.

So, to all the Greens, I say, unless you live in a tepee and don't use anything other than your own abilities to feed and cloth yourselves, then you have no moral justification for criticising any of use who do not follow that lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
              Still think there is a hugeee difference on ban something with decorative purposes only or something that it's still fundamental for our daily life...
              Well, if you think the chrome plating of hydraulic rams and similar industrial devices isn't fundamental to daily life, then I'm not sure how our major infrastructure projects would cope without them.

Comment

So, to all the Greens, I say, unless you live in a tepee and don't use anything other than your own abilities to feed and cloth yourselves, then you have no moral justification for criticising any of use who do not follow that lifestyle.
                We can all agree that you are an unnecessary producer of carbon dioxide.

Comment

Fine, let’s look at your comparison then.

Coal mining is dangerous, but it hasn’t been banned outright and HSE laws have been introduced (both EU and solely domestic) to make it safer for the employees.

Chroming using certain materials is dangerous, it it hasn’t been banned outright and the proposal was to bring in laws to make it safer for the employees.

Not that difficult.

Comment

mind numbingly tedious twaddle.
                    oh, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      We can all agree that you are an unnecessary producer of carbon dioxide.
                      Unless she's your typical obese gammon in which case she's an important source of Carbon storage
                      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                      X