• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GBP - How low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    blah blah blah.
    wot? - no squiggly lines?

Comment

Sterling is strengthening on the increasing chance of a Corbyn led government.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        So, would you say that we are more or less better off than when £1 = $2.80?
        We are way better off now than we were in the 70's. Since then we have got progressively better off, on average. We certainly haven't got worse off due to the EU ..... unless you're one of those xenophobe types who don't like them peeps with a strange accent they may think we're worse off, but then, they think we should go back to the glorious colonial days
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          We are way better off now than we were in the 70's. Since then we have got progressively better off, on average. We certainly haven't got worse off due to the EU ..... unless you're one of those xenophobe types who don't like them peeps with a strange accent they may think we're worse off, but then, they think we should go back to the glorious colonial days
          of course we are all better off generally, and I'm not involving the EU in the debate. What I'm saying is that in the long term, exchange rates have little relevance. There will be short term effects as currencies jostle for position, but in the long term, things even out. So we are better off now with £1 = $1.2 than we were in the 70's when £1 = $2.80.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            What I'm saying is that in the long term, exchange rates have little relevance.

So we are better off now with £1 = $1.2 than we were in the 70's when £1 = $2.80.
            You’re the sort of person that would argue with themselves and still lose.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              You’re the sort of person that would argue with themselves and still lose.
              Or lose a court case with the HMRC and pretend he had won.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Or bang on about it infinity times as though it were gratefully received on any one of those infinity occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Or bang on about it infinity times as though it were gratefully received on any one of those infinity occasions.
                  Which would still be 0%.

Comment

Which would still be 0%.
                    Let's go with -0%.

Comment

get your facts straight, HMRC were not involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X