• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And in other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ummm no..

The vote was not about stopping all 'foreigners' from coming into the Uk -
    that is how the referendum was largely advertised and surely how it was perceived by tons of people (british and not)

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      that is how the referendum was largely advertised and surely how it was perceived by tons of people (british and not)
      No it wasn't.

It was about getting out of the EU and removing the burden of tulip load of politicians whose sole interest is lining their own pockets as well as moving away from an institution whose sole interest is the continued existence of said institution.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        No it wasn't.

It was about getting out of the EU and removing the burden of tulip load of politicians whose sole interest is lining their own pockets as well as moving away from an institution whose sole interest is the continued existence of said institution.
        No it wasn’t. Theresa May’s red lines makes it clear that what the will of the people was for, was for leaving the SM + CU and controlling immigration.

Cheered on by Brexiters when she announced them.

If you didn’t agree with those red lines, you should have spoken up then.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          you're not going to have any doors, guys. All used up to warm yourselves up in the cold winters
          still here???

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            still here???
            yep, the UK is doomed but there is still money to be made (and transferred outside the UK)

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              No it wasn’t. Theresa May’s red lines makes it clear that what the will of the people was for, was for leaving the SM + CU and controlling immigration.

Cheered on by Brexiters when she announced them.

If you didn’t agree with those red lines, you should have spoken up then.
              Leaving the EU means some of the outcomes we will see are probably leaving the SM and CU and potentially more control over immigration.

But that was not the reason behind leaving the EU just some of the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                The words used were "Avoid buying... at all costs"

I most humbly apologise for using the word "refusing", because avoiding at all costs is completely different to refusing.

But since your pedantry and deflection knows no bounds, you now need to apologise as I never used the word "refuse", even though you put it in quotes and then later "refused" again in quotes, implying I said it.

It still is deflection on your part as you refuse to answer the question regarding the difference between consumers buying from companies or individuals based in Europe and "the EU"

As usual, you want to deflect from the point to try to avoid the difficult concept of thinking about what is being discussed.
                He also said anecdotally, so I hope you haven't solely used that post to extrapolate to a far larger set of people have you!? Lol

Again;
                All I've said is you should stop conflating wanting to buying British, with wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation.

Also, are all the EU citizens buying only EU also wanting UK citizens to suffer and detest the UK, or does it only work 1 way in your head?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  He also said anecdotally, so I hope you haven't solely used that post to extrapolate to a far larger set of people have you!? Lol

Again;
                  All I've said is you should stop conflating wanting to buying British, with wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation.

Also, are all the EU citizens buying only EU also wanting UK citizens to suffer and detest the UK, or does it only work 1 way in your head?
                  Doesn’t sound much like you apologising for misquoting me and dodging the question as usual.

I’ll wait.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Doesn’t sound much like you apologising for misquoting me and dodging the question as usual.

I’ll wait.
                    I most humbly apologise for using/quoting the words;
                    Refuse
                    Refused

Interchangeable with "refusing", when you only actually used "refusing".

Your question? Obvious and redundant;
                    Answer: Zero difference.

Now, your turn...
                    1. How does not wanting to buy produce from certain countries equate to "wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation?" - Post #19
                    2. Are all the EU citizens (in BB's post) buying only EU, also wanting UK citizens to suffer and detest the UK, or does it only work 1 way in your head? - Post #37

Guess I'll be waiting now huh?
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      I most humbly apologise for using/quoting the words;
                      Refuse
                      Refused

Interchangeable with "refusing", when you only actually used "refusing".

Your question? Obvious and redundant;
                      Answer: Zero difference.

Now, your turn...
                      1. How does not wanting to buy produce from certain countries equate to "wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation?" - Post #19
                      2. Are all the EU citizens (in BB's post) buying only EU, also wanting UK citizens to suffer and detest the UK, or does it only work 1 way in your head? - Post #37

Guess I'll be waiting now huh?
                      Inneresting.

You consider my question obvious and redundant. As is your attempt at trolling.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X