• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It’s the will of the people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    That’s not my question. Who will put up a hard border in Ireland. The Eu? Ireland?
    Ireland will have to if it still wants to export to the EU

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      At the moment NI and Ireland are different regimes!

Okay, I know you meant trading block. Or something like that.

I still don't think the UK will breach the GFA.

What I find amazing is WTFH lecturing on violence given he is a violent git who goes round shooting anything BP on a bike.....
      FTFY
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That’s not my question. Who will put up a hard border in Ireland. The Eu? Ireland?
        In the absence of alignment between RoI and NI then both Ireland and the U.K. will put up a hard border.

Given the requirement for a country/market to secure its borders though, it’s more likely that the border will be in the Irish Sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Ireland will have to if it still wants to export to the EU
          Really you think the Eu will force Ireland to implement a hard border resulting in violence?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            In the absence of alignment between RoI and NI then both Ireland and the U.K. will put up a hard border.

Given the requirement for a country/market to secure its borders though, it’s more likely that the border will be in the Irish Sea.
            So no hard border then. See not really that big an issue.

Comment

Really you think the Eu will force Ireland to implement a hard border resulting in violence?
              The UK is the responsible party, for leaving the SM and CU and failing to ratify the agreement it negotiated

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The UK is the responsible party, for leaving the SM and CU and failing to ratify the agreement it negotiated
                Mmm regardless it shows how the border is not really a big deal. No one will enforce a hard border. So it will be a soft border.

Comment

Mmm regardless it shows how the border is not really a big deal. No one will enforce a hard border. So it will be a soft border.
                  What’s the difference? Any type of border is, by definition, a border.

There are smarter minds than you that seem to think that it is a big deal, so forgive me if I think you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    What’s the difference? Any type of border is, by definition, a border.

There are smarter minds than you that seem to think that it is a big deal, so forgive me if I think you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.
                    There is a big difference between a soft and hard border in Ireland. Can’t believe you posted that question.

The rest of your statement sounds a bit simple.

Comment

Tell me how Ireland will put up a hard border. That’s the issue, not that there won’t be controls or checks. A hard border will cause violence. I’m just asking who is going to put up a hard border.
                      Why do you say a hard border will cause violence? It might. But it might not. The disruption to trade is pretty certain, though, whether the checks are at the border or elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X