• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£2.1 billion extra for no deal preparation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You're having a laugh, I assume? Which bit of that treaty doesn't point towards a single European state?

You've not read it, have you?
    Just what you've been told it says, eh?

Please read page 191-193.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You've not read it, have you?
      Just what you've been told it says, eh?

Please read page 191-193.
      My last copy got recycled when we ran out of bog-roll.
      I now have an online version which doesn't have page numbers, so which particular chapter and verse were you pointing me towards?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

My last copy got recycled when we ran out of bog-roll.
        I now have an online version which doesn't have page numbers, so which particular chapter and verse were you pointing me towards?
        Maybe you would have been better off using the Brexit Party manifesto...

My online version has page numbers: https://europa.eu/european-union/sit...n_union_en.pdf
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Maybe you would have been better off using the Brexit Party manifesto...

My online version has page numbers: https://europa.eu/european-union/sit...n_union_en.pdf
          Excellent, thanks. Now where does it say we get a referendum when 28 become 1?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Explain why in your opinion that the UK leaving the EU is wrong. See if you can complete the task without resorting to insults.
            Not my 'opinion' pal, but the opinion of experts all over the world. When the only people who think Brexit is good are Boris, Trump, Farage, JRM, Tommy R et al (and their narrow minded supporters) then by definition, without needing to know any details of Brexit, you know it's wrong
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Or, alternatively, all of it: From the start: (Nice of them to slip democracy in as an afterthought).

RESOLVED to mark a new stage in the process of European integration undertaken with the establishment of the European Communities,

DRAWING INSPIRATION from the cultural, religious and humanist inheritance of Europe, from which have developed the universal values of the inviolable and inalienable rights of the human person, freedom, democracy, equality and the rule of law,

RECALLING the historic importance of the ending of the division of the European continent and the need to create firm bases for the construction of the future Europe,

CONFIRMING their attachment to the principles of liberty, democracy and respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and of the rule of law,

CONFIRMING their attachment to fundamental social rights as defined in the European Social Charter signed at Turin on 18 October 1961 and in the 1989 Community Charter of the Fundamental Social Rights of Workers,

DESIRING to deepen the solidarity between their peoples while respecting their history, their culture and their traditions,

DESIRING to enhance further the democratic and efficient functioning of the institutions so as to enable them better to carry out, within a single institutional framework, the tasks entrusted to them,

RESOLVED to achieve the strengthening and the convergence of their economies and to establish an economic and monetary union including, in accordance with the provisions of this Treaty and of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, a single and stable currency,

DETERMINED to promote economic and social progress for their peoples, taking into account the principle of sustainable development and within the context of the accomplishment of the internal market and of reinforced cohesion and environmental protection, and to implement policies ensuring that advances in economic integration are accompanied by parallel progress in other fields,

RESOLVED to establish a citizenship common to nationals of their countries,

RESOLVED to implement a common foreign and security policy including the progressive framing of a common defence policy, which might lead to a common defence in accordance with the provisions of Article 42, thereby reinforcing the European identity and its independence in order to promote peace, security and progress in Europe and in the world,

RESOLVED to facilitate the free movement of persons, while ensuring the safety and security of their peoples, by establishing an area of freedom, security and justice, in accordance with the provisions of this Treaty and of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,

RESOLVED to continue the process of creating an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe, in which decisions are taken as closely as possible to the citizen in accordance with the principle of subsidiarity,

IN VIEW of further steps to be taken in order to advance European integration,

HAVE DECIDED to establish a European Union and to this end have designated as their Plenipotentiaries:

Comment

Or, alternatively, all of it: From the start: (Nice of them to slip democracy in as an afterthought).

RESOLVED to mark a new stage in the process of European integration undertaken with the establishment of the European Communities,

DRAWING INSPIRATION from the cultural, religious and humanist inheritance of Europe, from which have developed the universal values of the inviolable and inalienable rights of the human person, freedom, democracy, equality and the rule of law,

RECALLING the historic importance of the ending of the division of the European continent and the need to create firm bases for the construction of the future Europe,

CONFIRMING their attachment to the principles of liberty, democracy and respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and of the rule of law,

CONFIRMING their attachment to fundamental social rights as defined in the European Social Charter signed at Turin on 18 October 1961 and in the 1989 Community Charter of the Fundamental Social Rights of Workers,

DESIRING to deepen the solidarity between their peoples while respecting their history, their culture and their traditions,

DESIRING to enhance further the democratic and efficient functioning of the institutions so as to enable them better to carry out, within a single institutional framework, the tasks entrusted to them,

RESOLVED to achieve the strengthening and the convergence of their economies and to establish an economic and monetary union including, in accordance with the provisions of this Treaty and of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, a single and stable currency,

DETERMINED to promote economic and social progress for their peoples, taking into account the principle of sustainable development and within the context of the accomplishment of the internal market and of reinforced cohesion and environmental protection, and to implement policies ensuring that advances in economic integration are accompanied by parallel progress in other fields,

RESOLVED to establish a citizenship common to nationals of their countries,

RESOLVED to implement a common foreign and security policy including the progressive framing of a common defence policy, which might lead to a common defence in accordance with the provisions of Article 42, thereby reinforcing the European identity and its independence in order to promote peace, security and progress in Europe and in the world,

RESOLVED to facilitate the free movement of persons, while ensuring the safety and security of their peoples, by establishing an area of freedom, security and justice, in accordance with the provisions of this Treaty and of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,

RESOLVED to continue the process of creating an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe, in which decisions are taken as closely as possible to the citizen in accordance with the principle of subsidiarity,

IN VIEW of further steps to be taken in order to advance European integration,

HAVE DECIDED to establish a European Union and to this end have designated as their Plenipotentiaries:
                Wow, you really have a twisted view of the world. Yes there are e.u federalists. No they can't create a single state without a new treaty which they would never get.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  Wow, you really have a twisted view of the world. Yes there are e.u federalists. No they can't create a single state without a new treaty which they would never get.
                  They only need to succeed once...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer

I think I mentioned the war, but I think I got away with it!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ah, see the daily mail nazi sympathisers are let out again

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X