• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capital punishment to be reintroduced after brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I know the bit about Jonah and the whale. But unicorns?

Was the dragon bit the part where Jesus visited Kimono island?
    Both dragons and unicorns are mentioned in the st James version of the bible just google

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Both dragons and unicorns are mentioned in the st James version of the bible just google
      I will take your word for it. I am sick to death of sky fairies and all their various forms.

Comment

Great to know you actually believe unicorns, dragons existed and that a guy lived inside a whale and they let you be a mod.
        Well done you for being able to google "clichéd arguments to try against Christians, that surely they've never heard before, and have never in the past 2000 years been considered by anyone ever".

But your ignorance continues to shine through. St James Version on the Bible? You pillock. The King James Version (aka, KJV) was commission by King James I of England (VI of Scotland). It was translated from various manuscripts, mostly Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament, and some Old Testament). The KJV is written in old English - a little later than Shakespeare.

The word translated as unicorn is the Hebrew word re’em. This probably means (according to atheist Isaac Asimov who wrote a guide to the Bible) wild ox (possibly an aurochs). In the 400BC Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures, they didn't have a word for this animal, so used the word monokeros . This was used by King James' translators who translated it as "unicorn". Modern translations, where the translators have had access to more ancient manuscripts, generally use "wild ox". Others translate the Hebrew word as "rhino". The fact is, no-one knows exactly what animal was meant, but "wild ox" and "rhino" both fit the context.

The word dragon appears several times. During King James' time, dragon referred to any number of large toothy reptiles, including crocodiles.

Man swallowed by a whale and lived? Shame your googling didn't get as far as James Bartley. Even so, Jonah and the Whale is a story of direct divine intervention. If you believe in an omnipotent God who sometimes chooses to set aside natural laws, then you'll have no problem with it possibly being true. Of course, it could be fiction, or a fictionalised version of the story of a real person. That wouldn't change its message one iota.

You know, when you're in a hole, you really should stop digging. But if wish to flaunt your ignorance of the range of Christian belief, feel free. At least it keeps you off your obsession with Brexit.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I will take your word for it. I am sick to death of sky fairies and all their various forms.
          Well, you are of Catholic stock (IIRC)... who knows what those nutters believe.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Well, you are of Catholic stock (IIRC)... who knows what those nutters believe.
            I was bought up CoE (i.e. believe what you want). My conversion to Catholicism had nothing whatsoever to do with there being a fantastic faith school locally.

Of course being Catholic was not enough. Raising money for the church was essential too. I am incredibly grateful to the 37 CUK posters who sponsored me in 2012 - without them my children would not have had such a good education!

To give you an idea what Catholics believe, I heard once of a 17 year old Catholic girl asked by a nun what she wanted to be what she grew up. She said a prostitute. The nun was shocked, stunned and angry and demanded the girl repeat what she said. She repeated a prostitute. The nun said "Phew! That's okay then! I thought you said Protestant!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Well done you for being able to google "clichéd arguments to try against Christians, that surely they've never heard before, and have never in the past 2000 years been considered by anyone ever".

But your ignorance continues to shine through. St James Version on the Bible? You pillock. The King James Version (aka, KJV) was commission by King James I of England (VI of Scotland). It was translated from various manuscripts, mostly Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament, and some Old Testament). The KJV is written in old English - a little later than Shakespeare.

The word translated as unicorn is the Hebrew word re’em. This probably means (according to atheist Isaac Asimov who wrote a guide to the Bible) wild ox (possibly an aurochs). In the 400BC Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures, they didn't have a word for this animal, so used the word monokeros . This was used by King James' translators who translated it as "unicorn". Modern translations, where the translators have had access to more ancient manuscripts, generally use "wild ox". Others translate the Hebrew word as "rhino". The fact is, no-one knows exactly what animal was meant, but "wild ox" and "rhino" both fit the context.

The word dragon appears several times. During King James' time, dragon referred to any number of large toothy reptiles, including crocodiles.

Man swallowed by a whale and lived? Shame your googling didn't get as far as James Bartley. Even so, Jonah and the Whale is a story of direct divine intervention. If you believe in an omnipotent God who sometimes chooses to set aside natural laws, then you'll have no problem with it possibly being true. Of course, it could be fiction, or a fictionalised version of the story of a real person. That wouldn't change its message one iota.

You know, when you're in a hole, you really should stop digging. But if wish to flaunt your ignorance of the range of Christian belief, feel free. At least it keeps you off your obsession with Brexit.
              You can make up whatever excuses for your fantasy sky beings, it doesn't remove the fact that you're very misguided and wasting your live and money on something that only makes your local priest buy a new BMW 7 series every 2 years and abuse some more minors in the process

Comment

You can make up whatever excuses for your fantasy sky beings, it doesn't remove the fact that you're very misguided and wasting your live and money on something that only makes your local priest buy a new BMW 7 series every 2 years and abuse some more minors in the process
                And that sort of statement is so incredibly offensive it should warrant a banning.

It is possible the worst form of stereotyping.

If someone said all muslims **** goats you would be the first on here with your handwringing douchebaggery.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  And that sort of statement is so incredibly offensive it should warrant a banning.

If someone said all muslims **** goats you would be the first on here with your handwringing douchebaggery.
                  hear! hear!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Asking for banning is a bannable offence.

Comment

Asking for banning is a bannable offence.
                      oh, Do ***** off you tiresome, ignorant f*ckwit.

Comment

Working...
                      X