• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will of the people?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will of the people?

A majority of Scots now back independence and more support Nicola Sturgeon's demand for another referendum by 2021 than oppose it, according to a major opinion poll that suggests Brexit is unravelling the Union.

The survey, conducted by Lord Ashcroft in the wake of Boris Johnson's visit to Scotland a week ago, puts support for independence at 46 per cent for and 43 per cent against.

When undecided and non-voters are removed, support for independence rises to 52 per cent for compared to 48 per cent against.

Nicola Sturgeon hails 'phenomenal' new poll showing majority for Scottish independence

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    A majority of Scots now back independence and more support Nicola Sturgeon's demand for another referendum by 2021 than oppose it, according to a major opinion poll that suggests Brexit is unravelling the Union.

The survey, conducted by Lord Ashcroft in the wake of Boris Johnson's visit to Scotland a week ago, puts support for independence at 46 per cent for and 43 per cent against.

When undecided and non-voters are removed, support for independence rises to 52 per cent for compared to 48 per cent against.

Nicola Sturgeon hails 'phenomenal' new poll showing majority for Scottish independence
    Tough tulip really, they had their chance and bottled it.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Tough tulip really, they had their chance and bottled it.
      So why have regular elections then?

Comment

So why have regular elections then?
        It wasn't an election, it was a referendum. I know that doesn't fit your rhetoric but tough.

Admittedly nobody knew what loomed on the horizon when the Scot's referendum was held but that's just unfortunate.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It wasn't an election, it was a referendum.
          So people can decide only once on "referendum" but they can change their mind in "elections", which both involve going to same polling booth and selecting option on ballot paper?

Comment

So people can decide only once on "referendum" but they can change their mind in "elections", which both involve going to same polling booth and selecting option on ballot paper?
            By jove! I think you've got it!

Comment

By jove! I think you've got it!
              So people can't change their mind after voting in referendum, care to give me citation in law about it?

Comment

So people can't change their mind after voting in referendum, care to give me citation in law about it?
                Why would I want to do that? You're the one who owns a search engine, find it yourself.

Comment

Why would I want to do that? You're the one who owns a search engine, find it yourself.
                  So you don't have citation of any law that would prohibit same question being put again on referendum.

Nice.

Comment

If Boris gets his way and there's a no deal Brexit, Scottish independence is a no brainer. Who wants to be governed by a bunch of English nut jobs.

They might be able to delay it and prevaricate for a bit, but that will just make the result more resounding when it happens.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X