• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let 'em have their no deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let 'em have their no deal

It's the only way to settle the argument, once and for all, as to whether it'll be bad, not so bad, ok or fine and dandy.

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    It's the only way to settle the argument, once and for all, as to whether it'll be bad, not so bad, ok or fine and dandy.

I hope you've enough popcorn for everyone...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

What about it will be bad, but this is what the brexiteers wanted and are happy to be without job for a number of years because they are now directly governed by faceless bureaucrats in Westminster, have blue passports and control over their borders

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I hope you've enough popcorn for everyone...
        Sorry, I've only stock piled enough for me and mine.

Comment

Sorry, I've only stock piled enough for me and mine.
          One bag should do then.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

How do we determine what is good/bad? And over what timescale?

Even after the UK does brilliantly after no deal some will still argue it could have been better if we were still in the EU.

Comment

Been saying this for ages. The leave voters deserve what they voted for. Due to the work i do I'll always do well for contracts (had loads of work during the financial crash) - I voted remain for the greater good of the UK, not me personally, but hey ... if the turkeys want Christmas, let's give it to them
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Been saying this for ages. The leave voters deserve what they voted for. Due to the work i do I'll always do well for contracts (had loads of work during the financial crash) - I voted remain for the greater good of the UK, not me personally, but hey ... if the turkeys want Christmas, let's give it to them
                Why so bitter?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  How do we determine what is good/bad? And over what timescale?

Even after the UK does brilliantly after no deal some will still argue it could have been better if we were still in the EU.
                  In economic terms...

Good would be an initial shock followed by a quick recovery.
                  Bad would be a prolonged deep recession, high unemployment, taking years to recover (like 2008).

Only with the benefit of hindsight will the number crunchers be able to offer an opinion as to whether we would have been better off staying in. And even then I doubt everyone will agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Why so bitter?
                    Who's bitter? Did you not understand my post? Hard crash won't hurt me, so nothing to be bitter about. I just think leave voters need to be treated like children; you try to educate them, but sometimes you need them to fall over and scrape the skin off their knees and feel a bit of pain in order for them to learn

Next ...
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X