• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti "No Deal" - An excuse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Are some people using "Anti-No Deal" as an excuse not to leave?

Surely the main thing is that now the people have voted to leave, we just leave!
    Some people undoubtedly are using it as an excuse. I know you're simple, but honestly!

Comment

Some might be, because they wish to retain their Brexiter credentials while now believing it would be in the UK's interest to remain. However, not crashing out of the EU at the end of of October does not mean, in the long run, staying within the EU. So I'd guess that some of the "Anti-No deal" mob are true Brexiters.

Surely the main thing is that now the people have voted to leave, we just leave!
      Not really. By that logic, if the only way to leave was to explode a 20MT nuclear device over the largest 5 cities in the UK, we should do it - because "it's the will of the people". In case you get all triggered by that, I'm employing hyperbole here to highlight the logical fallacy.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why? The "will of the people" on 23rd June 2016 has not been relevant on any day since then.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
        X