• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They said this would happen due to Brexit uncertainty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It is definitely connected IMO. I think uncertainty is bad for the UK.

I would like to change that. I reckon UK is too heavily dependent on financial services - which is great for me but not for the UK. Making things on the other side of the planet then shipping them round the globe is not exactly great for the environment either. You may say I'm a dreamer....

See response above.
    Not saying that isn't a great dream, but at least you need to sell it without lying, tell people that maybe UK will struggle for 10/15/20 years and then might try to become the greatest country on earth. Not that as soon as we leave the EU we will become the greatest country on earth!
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Not saying that isn't a great dream, but at least you need to sell it without lying, tell people that maybe UK will struggle for 10/15/20 years and then might try to become the greatest country on earth. Not that as soon as we leave the EU we will become the greatest country on earth!
      I suspect the only way the UK will become the greatest country on earth is by people struggling. So a return to Victorian times then.

The UK is certainly a great country. Let down by the idiots in Westminster.

Comment

I suspect the only way the UK will become the greatest country on earth is by people struggling. So a return to Victorian times then.

The UK is certainly a great country. Let down by the idiots in Westminster.
        With this I can strongly agree!!!
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Which makes exports better. But I suppose that is bad and its all the fault of Brexit.

In other news its raining. And I blame Brexit for that as well. We used to have proper continental hot weather. This summer has been miserable. Once the UK leaves the EU properly I expect a winter to rival 1963.
          And we have a cauliflower crisis now too.

Cauliflower shortages as extreme weather kills crops - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            And we have a cauliflower crisis now too.

Cauliflower shortages as extreme weather kills crops - BBC News
            Shortage. You're the only one calling it a crisis.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Can’t wait for Prawn crisis...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Can’t wait for Prawn crisis...
                We import 35k tonnes warm water prawns from non-EU sources, and export 6k tonnes of that to the EU. Once the EU market closes there should be a glut of M&S prawn sandwiches.

https://www.seafish.org/media/Public...ustry_2015.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  We import 35k tonnes warm water prawns from non-EU sources, and export 6k tonnes of that to the EU. Once the EU market closes there should be a glut of M&S prawn sandwiches.

https://www.seafish.org/media/Public...ustry_2015.pdf
                  Ireland is bracing itself for the M&S sandwich shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Front page has it as crisis.

Take a look.

UK - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Front page has it as crisis.

Take a look.

UK - BBC News
                      Is this what you see -

Comment

Working...
                      X