• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of movement 'will end' says the government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Michael Gove.

But we didn’t get to choose him or Boris. The unelected elites forced their choice on us.
    Nice try. You didn't want Gove as PM any more than I did.
    Even Mugabe put up a convenient loser for his rigged elections. If the EU can't even be bothered to put up a muppet and make some pretence of democracy, we're so much better off out of there.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Even Mugabe put up a convenient loser for his rigged elections. If the EU can't even be bothered to put up a muppet and make some pretence of democracy, we're so much better off out of there.
      Not financially better off, obviously.

Comment

I think you'll find that the unelected Dominic Cummings is actually running the country at the moment however he may be usurped by Layton any day now
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I think you'll find that the unelected Dominic Cummings is actually running the country at the moment however he may be usurped by Layton any day now
          he's merely a puppet of the illuminati

get yer Alufolienhut ready folks.

Comment

So who was the other candidate?
            Candidates. Plural.

Lead candidates | News | European Parliament

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              But they don’t count - you’re quoting the European Union. You need to quote the Wail, which won’t have mentioned that, cause it’s easier to feed it’s believers lies that they like than inconvenient truths.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Of course, one slight worry is they will send pooper back. If we get rid of of Atwat it will be worth it though.

Comment

Which is why Brexit was never about immigration. It was about political power in the hands of those who opted not to subject themselves to any form of democracy as we understand it. Venezuela just had a more democratic process than the EU (in that they at least had 2 candidates - the election was equally bent though).
                  Sorry but you are mistaken! Mostly Brexit it is about immigration, just most people don't understand leaving the EU won't do anything to stop current immigration from other places. Also I'm sure in the leave campaign everyone mention the (enormous) numbers of EU immigrants but not from outside EU!
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

It was about political power in the hands of those who opted not to subject themselves to any form of democracy as we understand it.
                    You mean like British Parliamentary democracy? Some of you Brexiters seem unable to understand that.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ah, "democracy", the new word of the moment for Brexiters. Or should I be more precise and say "undemocratic"?

Now that 'Project Fear' is being proven to be project fact, leading Brexiters are having to move to a new buzzword for their disciples to hang on to. Bojo today refers to the backstop as "undemocratic", and his believers swallow it hook line and sinker - despite the fact that the backstop was signed by the democratically elected British PM (note: Bojo has not been elected by the majority in the UK, so could be argued to be undemocratic ).

I wonder if one of Bojo's worshippers could explain why the backstop is undemocratic? I can understand why people might not like it, or support it, but what makes it undemocratic?

Come on Brexiters ... change the record. No one is falling for your "undemocratic" wails
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X