• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of movement 'will end' says the government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Ah, "democracy", the new word of the moment for Brexiters. Or should I be more precise and say "undemocratic"?

Now that 'Project Fear' is being proven to be project fact, leading Brexiters are having to move to a new buzzword for their disciples to hang on to. Bojo today refers to the backstop as "undemocratic", and his believers swallow it hook line and sinker - despite the fact that the backstop was signed by the democratically elected British PM (note: Bojo has not been elected by the majority in the UK, so could be argued to be undemocratic ).

I wonder if one of Bojo's worshippers could explain why the backstop is undemocratic? I can understand why people might not like it, or support it, but what makes it undemocratic?

Come on Brexiters ... change the record. No one is falling for your "undemocratic" wails
    I do not think the EU is that 'undemocratic' but I do think less politicians telling us what to do instead of more is a good thing.

Also it is interesting how many of you can be bought.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I do not think the EU is that 'undemocratic' but I do think less politicians telling us what to do instead of more is a good thing.

can't argue with you there, but per population, the EU parliament is significantly smaller than Westminster ... so let's stop being hypocritical and let's reduce the number of MPs in Westminster first Oh, and sack all the Westminster unelected advisers our MPs like to surround themselves with.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        When you say "you", do you mean like the DUP, or do you mean bought like those who believed £350million a week to the NHS, 70million Turks, easiest trade deal ever, etc.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          When you say "you", do you mean like the DUP, or do you mean bought like those who believed £350million a week to the NHS, 70million Turks, easiest trade deal ever, etc.
          I think he means 'bought' as in, staying in the EU will make us better off, and leaving will make us worse off. So yes, if me wanting to stay in the EU because it makes my country better off means I'm being 'bought', I'll hold my hand up. It beats the idiots who want to leave to be worse off
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I think he means 'bought' as in, staying in the EU will make us better off, and leaving will make us worse off. So yes, if me wanting to stay in the EU because it makes my country better off means I'm being 'bought', I'll hold my hand up. It beats the idiots who want to leave to be worse off
            Makes sense...
            "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

can't argue with you there, but per population, the EU parliament is significantly smaller than Westminster ... so let's stop being hypocritical and let's reduce the number of MPs in Westminster first Oh, and sack all the Westminster unelected advisers our MPs like to surround themselves with.
              Surely we can keep the bouncer from Europe's worst nightclub?

Comment

And once you have been bought you have kind of lost your negotiating position?

Comment

Could a Leaver please explain this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Could a Leaver please explain this:

Ireland is not part of Schengen zone so a border between Germany and Ireland will still be in place after Brexit.

Obviously this won't solve the problem of a German travel to Ireland and then enter in the UK, since a German will still have free movement between Ireland and Germany. I think that British politicians believe that they can impose limitations between Ireland and the rest of Europe, since they are used to get preferential treatment from EU and do whatever they want!

I honestly believe that the main reason that Ireland stayed out of schengen area was to easy the movement between Ireland and UK, so I believe it's probably a matter of time for Ireland to join the Schengen after Brexit.
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                      Ireland is not part of Schengen zone so a border between Germany and Ireland will still be in place after Brexit.

Obviously this won't solve the problem of a German travel to Ireland and then enter in the UK, since a German will still have free movement between Ireland and Germany. I think that British politicians believe that they can impose limitations between Ireland and the rest of Europe, since they are used to get preferential treatment from EU and do whatever they want!

I honestly believe that the main reason that Ireland stayed out of schengen area was to easy the movement between Ireland and UK, so I believe it's probably a matter of time for Ireland to join the Schengen after Brexit.
                      The Irish collaborating with the Germans? Heaven forfend!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X