• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving up control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I am. I'm sitting on the terrace at home in beautiful sunlight with a coffee and my laptop planning my next business excursion within the EU using my freedom of movement to work anywhere there
    Here's a triggering graphic from a triggering news source. Don't choke on your coffee

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You've said that before. And again and again. It's like the divorcée turned bunny boiler.
      Yes I have.

Do you know what context is? As in the context of the conversation that Boris Johnson will be having with his counterparts in the EU?

On the off-chance that you don't understand... He(Boris Johnson - not me) will be reminding the EU that we (the UK) will be leaving with or without a deal.

I sincerely hope that helps.

If there's anything else that you need help with then by all means feel free to ask.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Yes I have.

Do you know what context is? As in the context of the conversation that Boris Johnson will be having with his counterparts in the EU?

On the off-chance that you don't understand... He(Boris Johnson - not me) will be reminding the EU that we (the UK) will be leaving with or without a deal.

I sincerely hope that helps.

If there's anything else that you need help with then by all means feel free to ask.

And what makes you believe that threatening with 'we leave without a deal if we don't get the deal we want' works as any kind of leverage on the negotiations with the EU?
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          And what makes you believe that threatening with 'we leave without a deal if we don't get the deal we want' works as any kind of leverage on the negotiations with the EU?
          I don't really care if it works or it doesn't but I feel that the rest of the EU leaders need to be reminded of the fact because in their own little minds I don't believe they think we're serious about leaving.

In every negotiation it helps if you're willing and able to walk away.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I don't really care if it works or it doesn't but I feel that the rest of the EU leaders need to be reminded of the fact because in their own little minds I don't believe they think we're serious about leaving.

In every negotiation it helps if you're willing and able to walk away.
            Agreed, but I believe the main reason they don't take that seriously is probably because the majority of British parliament aren't serious about leaving... and last time I checked they are who called the shots!
            "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Yes I have.

Even BJ doesn't know the context. And he's the one doing the talking.

Perhaps he can fly the whole cabinet off to Florence, get a podium, and shout look I'm really serious.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If we get to mid-October and Parliament hasn't managed to block no-deal, then the EU might start taking it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                  It is not a threat - it is a statement of fact.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Comment

The UK joined the EU as the Sick Man of Europe and is leaving the EU like the village idiot's illicit off-spring.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Merkel indicates a BRINO deal can be done after meeting with Johnson

The big U-Turn is on the way.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X