• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solutions to the Irish border issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about having a referendum on it?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
      Get you, Eire is simply a concise way of saying Southern Ireland. I take it you think everyone's a cretin who has a different POV? Ireland, as in Southern Ireland have a choice and those first two are perfectly valid choices although unlikely as their rulers won't let them anywhere near the option of leaving the EU. They also don't want a unified Ireland as even the Catholics in the North see they're onto a good thing with the >£10bn per year subsidy they enjoy. Southern Ireland can't afford integration financially, politically and socially
      Integrating East Germany was much harder, EU will help in this case

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        5. Revoke Article 50
        6. Sell NI to Trump

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Solutions to the Irish border issue:
          • Eire leave the EU and agree a customs union with the UK.
          • Eire leave the EU and re-join the UK.
          • Eire agree with the UK that they’ll police each others border with real checks at external ports and simple electronic passes for freight at the internal border and with an open border for citizens on the ground in Ireland.

I think the last will happen because there’s no way Eire will erect bricks and mortar border posts on the 1st November
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            How about having a referendum on it?
            I doubt you'd accept the result.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              If there was a second referendum (which you seem to be against), would you accept the result?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why not, I accepted the result of the EU referendum....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  If there was a second referendum (which you seem to be against), would you accept the result?
                  Let's implement the results of the first one.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Let's implement the results of the first one.
                    What does Leave mean ?
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      What does Leave mean ?
                      Try Google.

Comment

Working...
                      X