Solutions to the Irish border issue Solutions to the Irish border issue - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 90
  1. #31

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    The quotes you produce prove the point. “In the English language, Ireland”. “From 1949, Republic of Ireland”.

    If the U.K. government can change, so can you.
    If the U.K. government can change, so can you.
    yes, I am endeavouring to refer to the Republic of Ireland.

  2. #32

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,470

    Default

    Never mind being politically wrong, “Southern Ireland” is geographically incorrect as well, given that Malin Head (and a good part of Inishowen), along with several other parts of Donegal, is further north than NI.

    I suspect that next we’ll have Taz/John/etc referring to NI as “Ulster” or “The Province”.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Éire does NOT have a grave accent. It does however have a fada.
    Gratis.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  4. #34

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    What does Leave mean ?
    You’ll never get a straight answer to that one - or at least never any meaningful detail. Because to provide meaningful detail means to have thought it through and decided what they want. You’ll get a glib soundbite, but you won’t get any meaningful response when you scratch the surface.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    You’ll never get a straight answer to that one - or at least never any meaningful detail. Because to provide meaningful detail means to have thought it through and decided what they want. You’ll get a glib soundbite, but you won’t get any meaningful response when you scratch the surface.
    Do you need your safe place?

    Who's got the key to the blanket store?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  6. #36

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Never mind being politically wrong, “Southern Ireland” is geographically incorrect as well, given that Malin Head (and a good part of Inishowen), along with several other parts of Donegal, is further north than NI.

    I suspect that next we’ll have Taz/John/etc referring to NI as “Ulster” or “The Province”.
    well in order to silence the critics, I'm endeavouring to refer to the areas by an accurate name that can't be disputed. So, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland would seem to fit the bill.

  7. #37

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Do you need your safe place?

    Who's got the key to the blanket store?
    Do you still find it impossible to answer a simple question?

    Do you dislike details?
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  8. #38

    King of updation

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    You’ll never get a straight answer to that one - or at least never any meaningful detail. Because to provide meaningful detail means to have thought it through and decided what they want. You’ll get a glib soundbite, but you won’t get any meaningful response when you scratch the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Do you need your safe place?

    Who's got the key to the blanket store?
    QED
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Do you still find it impossible to answer a simple question?

    Do you dislike details?
    I love details.

    I want the United Kingdom to cease being a member of the European Union.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  10. #40

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    I love details.

    I want the United Kingdom to cease being a member of the European Union.
    And what do you want in terms of a trade deal with the EU?
    And what do you want to do about the Irish border?
    And what do you want to do about non-UK citizens who have lived in the UK for years?
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •