• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solutions to the Irish border issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    The quotes you produce prove the point. “In the English language, Ireland”. “From 1949, Republic of Ireland”.

If the U.K. government can change, so can you.
    If the U.K. government can change, so can you.
    yes, I am endeavouring to refer to the Republic of Ireland.

Comment

Never mind being politically wrong, “Southern Ireland” is geographically incorrect as well, given that Malin Head (and a good part of Inishowen), along with several other parts of Donegal, is further north than NI.

I suspect that next we’ll have Taz/John/etc referring to NI as “Ulster” or “The Province”.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        Éire does NOT have a grave accent. It does however have a fada.
        Gratis.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          What does Leave mean ?
          You’ll never get a straight answer to that one - or at least never any meaningful detail. Because to provide meaningful detail means to have thought it through and decided what they want. You’ll get a glib soundbite, but you won’t get any meaningful response when you scratch the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            You’ll never get a straight answer to that one - or at least never any meaningful detail. Because to provide meaningful detail means to have thought it through and decided what they want. You’ll get a glib soundbite, but you won’t get any meaningful response when you scratch the surface.
            Do you need your safe place?

Who's got the key to the blanket store?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Never mind being politically wrong, “Southern Ireland” is geographically incorrect as well, given that Malin Head (and a good part of Inishowen), along with several other parts of Donegal, is further north than NI.

I suspect that next we’ll have Taz/John/etc referring to NI as “Ulster” or “The Province”.
              well in order to silence the critics, I'm endeavouring to refer to the areas by an accurate name that can't be disputed. So, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland would seem to fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Do you still find it impossible to answer a simple question?

Do you dislike details?

Comment

QED
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Do you still find it impossible to answer a simple question?

Do you dislike details?
                    I love details.

I want the United Kingdom to cease being a member of the European Union.

Comment

I love details.

I want the United Kingdom to cease being a member of the European Union.
                      And what do you want in terms of a trade deal with the EU?
                      And what do you want to do about the Irish border?
                      And what do you want to do about non-UK citizens who have lived in the UK for years?

Comment

Working...
                      X