• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solutions to the Irish border issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So still in common usage, even if incorrect.

Apparently it involves 3 hours a day in the gym, so no, it's not work as we know it.
    Common usage by ignorant people.

Comment

Originally posted by headsy View Post
      If you are 71 and still a contractor you should get a life there's more to life than work tbf
      "man does not live by bread alone"

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        "youth" i fear has past many of us behind The younger contractors are out there spending their cash on partying; it's us older buggers baiting each other on here as we're too knackered to party every night

I find it quite sad that a 71 year, who is coming to the end of his time on this earth, is wasting his time arguing about something (Brexit) that, let's face it, he's not really going to see any benefits from. We only have so much time on this little rock.

And as I said .... he's an unsuccessful contractor. P1ssing in our direction as he's jealous that (most of us) are successful where he failed
        success can be measured in many ways not only in financial terms. Richard Burton one said that he'd trade all his fame to have one cap for Wales in rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Firstly, I have 20 odd years on him. There is a genetic history in my family of rather good old age, so the odds of him outliving me, unless I have a horrible accident, are not in his favour.

Secondly, you'll never know if he has outlived me. If I die suddenly, there will be no posting on here from my account. You might surmise the lack of posting is that I'm feeding the worms, but it could equally be that I've fully retired, packed up my campervan, and gone full time travelling. Unlike others, once I've fully retired I won't be on CuK anymore as it will have outlived it's purpose.

Thirdly, if I do die first ... do you really think I'll be in any position to get triggered by you laughing at me going first? I don't believe in anything after death, so once I'm gone, I'm gone. Hence why I think it a bit sad that JtB (and other similar older guys) are wasting their time towards the end of their lives on here arguing about something that they will not see much of.

Lastly, if he outlives me, and you burst into laughter, yes, you'll probably p1ss yourself but this will be through age and incontinence
          Hence why I think it a bit sad that JtB (and other similar older guys) are wasting their time towards the end of their lives on here arguing about something that they will not see much of.
          as I've said several times, it passes the time while I monitor my client's applications for failures. I think it's sad that I see so many on here posting at the weekend. I prefer to play with my toys then!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            as I've said several times, it passes the time while I monitor my client's applications for failures. I think it's sad that I see so many on here posting at the weekend. I prefer to play with my toys then!

Have any of your toys come up with a solution to the Irish border, or are you just going to derail and play the blame game?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Have any of your toys come up with a solution to the Irish border, or are you just going to derail and play the blame game?
              you can only be concerned about the issues that you have some influence over and not worry about those issues that you cannot affect.

Be happy with what you do have and also be happy with what you don't have.

Comment

you can only be concerned about the issues that you have some influence over and not worry about those issues that you cannot affect.

Be happy with what you do have and also be happy with what you don't have.

You're just one big cop out.

Happy to state opinions, but unable to think for yourself or form a cohesive argument when challenged.

So, you're happy to be unconcerned that your opinion of the EU may cause the restart of the Troubles? Do you see a link between what you vote for/support and the outcome of that? Are you "influencing" by supporting and voting for things that have major negative outcomes?

I'm happy I have morals. Are you happy you have no ideas or concepts as to how problems you may have supported could be solved?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

success can be measured in many ways not only in financial terms. Richard Burton one said that he'd trade all his fame to have one cap for Wales in rugby.
                  Note that he said all his fame, not all his money...
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                    Note that he said all his fame, not all his money...
                    well, I'd have to find that interview to confirm that.

Comment

That's what automation is for...then you could play with your toys all the time
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X