• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solutions to the Irish border issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You're just one big cop out.

Happy to state opinions, but unable to think for yourself or form a cohesive argument when challenged.

So, you're happy to be unconcerned that your opinion of the EU may cause the restart of the Troubles? Do you see a link between what you vote for/support and the outcome of that? Are you "influencing" by supporting and voting for things that have major negative outcomes?

I'm happy I have morals. Are you happy you have no ideas or concepts as to how problems you may have supported could be solved?
    as I say, it all passes the time!

if I was wrong to vote to join the EU and I was wrong to vote to leave the EU, then at least I'm consistently wrong!

I guess if you have morals, that you don't vote then? Because if you do vote, then clearly every government since you voted would have introduced some issue which disadvantaged someone somewhere. How can you justify that to yourself? Unless of course you've only been eligible to vote since the Tories have held power and you have voted for another party?

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Note that he said all his fame, not all his money...
      my memory failed me again, here is the ref. -

Richard said he "would rather have played for Wales at Cardiff Arms Park than Hamlet at The Old Vic".

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        That's what automation is for...then you could play with your toys all the time
        yes, but the problem is that our former Empire colleagues don't seem to understand this! The abiding principle of "fix this problem and then fix it so that it doesn't happen again" seems to be lost on them!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          I guess if you have morals, that you don't vote then? Because if you do vote, then clearly every government since you voted would have introduced some issue which disadvantaged someone somewhere. How can you justify that to yourself? Unless of course you've only been eligible to vote since the Tories have held power and you have voted for another party?
          You guessed wrong.

I do vote, but I consider what I am voting for and I consider it a big difference between "disadvantaging" someone, and them being blown up/shot, but perhaps you can't justify that difference to yourself.

And, as ever, you just want to make sure you don't have to face up to the awkward questions that Brexit has created with regard to the Irish border, so you choose to troll and derail.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You guessed wrong.

I do vote, but I consider what I am voting for and I consider it a big difference between "disadvantaging" someone, and them being blown up/shot, but perhaps you can't justify that difference to yourself.

And, as ever, you just want to make sure you don't have to face up to the awkward questions that Brexit has created with regard to the Irish border, so you choose to troll and derail.
            so did you vote for Tony Bliar?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              so did you vote for Tony Bliar?
              No. I've never lived in the Sedgefield constituency.

One of the few things he did that was good was his involvement in the Belfast Agreement.

...but since you want to derail this thread as much as possible, then maybe I should stop mentioning Ireland and the Irish border.

Should we just rename this thread "John's Thread" and then put all your posts in it?

BTW, there were 31 victims of the Omagh bombing, and over 3,400 others killed during the rest of the Troubles.

Comment

Should we just rename this thread "John's Thread" and then put all your posts in it?
                Alternatively, you could create a JohntheBike subforum with a membership of one. No particular rules, except that no member shall leave their nominated subforum.

Comment

No. I've never lived in the Sedgefield constituency.
                  Have you ever voted Labour?

Comment

I think you know what needs to be done....

Funny thing is, I've done a bit of digging and realise he's [JohntheBike] been banned from here before at various times and under various aliases.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Have you ever voted Labour?
                      I think I may have done on between 1and 10 occasions (council, UK Parliament and European Parliament)
                      The same could be said for the Tories, Lib Dems and other parties.

I'm not a slavish follower of one party, instead judging each on their merits or lack thereof and the results of the incumbent's time in charge. I have never voted for someone who said solving the Irish border was easy, or that it was someone else's responsibility to sort out the problem. And I'd (perhaps naively) like to think that my actions - how I voted, what I have said, what I have done, may have had some influence (even if small).

Comment

Working...
                      X