• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of movement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No, I'm afraid I didn't vote for Mr Juncker or any of his cronies. Apparently I'm not considered worthy of a vote...
    Didn't realise Juncker was a member of the UK government, maybe that's where you went wrong by not knowing exactly who or what you were voting for...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No, I'm afraid I didn't vote for Mr Juncker or any of his cronies. Apparently I'm not considered worthy of a vote...
      You didn't vote for Mark Sedwill either. Heads of the civil service are not normally appointed through elections.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Didn't realise Juncker was a member of the UK government, maybe that's where you went wrong by not knowing exactly who or what you were voting for...
        You asked me whether I voted for whoever caused the current mess. And I was being ironic. But only slightly...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Freedom of movement

No, I voted to leave the EU, and I was daft enough to trust the politicians tasked with achieving that not to make a complete horlicks of the whole process. Personally, I thought we'd end up with something similar to the Swiss arrangement (EFTA but not EEA), because that seemed to make the most sense.
          Unfortunately, the charlatans of the Leave side saw their chance and they took it. Despite campaigning on ideas of “Norway”, etc, almost as soon as the result came in the clamours were for ever-harder Brexit.

You might think EFTA makes sense, but there’s no-one left on the Leave campaign side that supports this openly. To them, it’s no longer their “pure” Brexit.

You’ve been conned, and you still don’t see it.

The critical thing is that we leave though, and if that means "no deal", so be it.
          After three years I still don’t understand this position. “Leave on EFTA” is at least a reasonable position to take, but “Leave at any cost” is simply cretinism - you might as well be in a cult, you’ve been brainwashed by the ERG types that much.

Out of interest, do you support the WA? That also satisfies your position of “the critical thing is that we leave”.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Unfortunately, the charlatans of the Leave side saw their chance and they took it. Despite campaigning on ideas of “Norway”, etc, almost as soon as the result came in the clamours were for ever-harder Brexit.

You might think EFTA makes sense, but there’s no-one left on the Leave campaign side that supports this openly. To them, it’s no longer their “pure” Brexit.

After three years I still don’t understand this position. “Leave on EFTA” is at least a reasonable position to take, but “Leave at any cost” is simply cretinism - you might as well be in a cult, you’ve been brainwashed by the ERG types that much.

Out of interest, do you support the WA? That also satisfies your position of “the critical thing is that we leave”.
            The closer we get to leaving, the more desperate you twunts become!

How about we hold another referendum 10 years after we've left? Does that sound fair to you?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Many leavers didn't know what they were voting for and have changed their minds since they've discovered what it's all about, so it would be sensible to have a second referendum now.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                The closer we get to leaving, the more desperate you twunts become!

How about we hold another referendum 10 years after we've left? Does that sound fair to you?
                Nothing desperate about it. I’m already on record as saying I support the WA, so if it was up to me the U.K. would have left by now.

It’s the ones like yourself that want to leave while doing the greatest harm to your own country and people that I don’t understand.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

No. Absolutely, categorically, no.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Many leavers didn't know what they were voting for and have changed their minds since they've discovered what it's all about, so it would be sensible to have a second referendum now.
                    I'd be tempted to vote remain now, so that I can retire to France or Spain and be a burden on their health and social support systems later in life...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      That old chestnut, eh? I call bulltulip on that one, the question was there in front of them in black and white.
                      Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

The two choices were...
                      Remain a member of the European Union
                      Leave the European Union

The referendum didn't come out of the blue, there was a build up with bulltulip being spouted on both sides.

People who voted to leave demonstrated that they would not accept being a part of the European Union any longer.

If you weren't willing to accept the result, why did you vote?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X