• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of movement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom of movement

Romanian fraudsters stole GBP12,000 from vulnerable elderly shoppers at Aldi and Lidl stores | Daily Mail Online

Your title is wrong. It should be “UK Home Office fail to act on EU warnings”

But hey, whatever fits your BF/BNP/UKIP/BP agenda...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After 31st October if there is no deal, border officials won't have access to criminal records of EU citizens so criminals will have a field day.

Good that we're reminded of this by this lapse of security.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        After 31st October if there is no deal, border officials won't have access to criminal records of EU citizens so criminals will have a field day.

Are we leaving Interpol too?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Are we leaving Interpol too?
          No, but BlasterBates is refering to the Schengen Information System, to which the UK currently has access - despite opting out of the main provisions of Schengen.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            No, but BlasterBates is refering to the Schengen Information System, to which the UK currently has access - despite opting out of the main provisions of Schengen.
            Is he another of your sockies then?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Only one field day though. We will be able to deport them, never to return.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

A system that doesn't appear to work very effectively...

A case in point...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Is he another of your sockies then?
                  No, if he was one my sockies, I'd argue with myself and call myself a ****. Oh... wait...

Sorry, I thought any reasonably well educated person would be aware of the Schengen Information System and how it pertains to the security of the UK.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No, if he was one my sockies, I'd argue with myself and call myself a ****. Oh... wait...

Sorry, I thought any reasonably well educated person would be aware of the Schengen Information System and how it pertains to the security of the UK.
                    I was aware. I'm also aware of how ineffective it is. One of yours?

Comment

Working...
                    X