• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of movement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'd be tempted to vote remain now, so that I can retire to France or Spain and be a burden on their health and social support systems later in life...
    Not too sure you know how healthcare works between the member countries of the EU as it looks like all those old farts in Spain will soon be coming back to put a further drain on the NHS...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Out of interest, do you support the WA? That also satisfies your position of “the critical thing is that we leave”.
      Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      No. Absolutely, categorically, no.
      So you lied when you said the critical thing is we leave. To you and your cultists, the critical thing is we leave and cause the most damage to both the EU and the UK. It's no longer about leaving the EU for the fanatics.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        So you lied when you said the critical thing is we leave. To you and your cultists, the critical thing is we leave and cause the most damage to both the EU and the UK. It's no longer about leaving the EU for the fanatics.
        Just in case you weren't aware, the WA doesn't mean actually leaving. We'd be in the lap of the Gods (or the EU if you prefer) as to when we actually leave, which could be never (and if you want to tap my cynical side, I suspect will actually be never).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just in case you weren't aware, the WA doesn't mean actually leaving. We'd be in the lap of the Gods (or the EU if you prefer) as to when we actually leave, which could be never (and if you want to tap my cynical side, I suspect will actually be never).
          The Withdrawal Agreement fulfils both the vote, and the red lines set by May and cheered on by the Brexiters.

Legally, the U.K. will have left the EU. It’s not in dispute, it’s not “doesn’t mean actually leaving”, it’s a fact - once the WA is approved and the relevant legislation is passed, the U.K. will no longer be in the EU.

You’ve said you want to leave the EU by any means possible, this is one of those means.

Comment

Back on topic. Looks like the ending of FoM on 31st October will no longer happen.

Also looks like the Government is continuing its policy of speaking first, thinking later....

Comment

Let's just leave then, without any agreement. Let all those poorer areas, who were sold the lie that we will be better off outside the EU, reap what they sow. Brexit voters deserve a hard brexit. You only have to leave voters interviewed on TV to understand how they were so easily duped. And before someone accuses me of being arrogant .... no, just more intelligent than those who voted out

Come on guys ... hard Brexit now
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Let's just leave then, without any agreement. Let all those poorer areas, who were sold the lie that we will be better off outside the EU, reap what they sow. Brexit voters deserve a hard brexit. You only have to leave voters interviewed on TV to understand how they were so easily duped. And before someone accuses me of being arrogant .... no, just more intelligent than those who voted out

If the UK doesn't leave the EU all the leave MP's threaten to cut their wrists and overdose on Paracetamol; it will be the EUs fault.
                Last edited by Paddy; 1 September 2019, 13:46.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

[QUOTE=Whorty;2676596 And before someone accuses me of being arrogant .... no, just more intelligent than those who voted out
                  :[/QUOTE]

Nemo repente fuit stultissimus
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

And before someone accuses me of being arrogant .... no, just more intelligent than those who voted out

Hic puer est stultissimus omnium!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      If the UK doesn't leave the EU all the leave MP's threaten to cut their wrists and overdose on Paracetamol; it will be the EUs fault.
                      I had come round to the idea of remain. But if that would be the outcome I might have to switch back to leave.

Comment

Working...
                      X