• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A second referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A second referendum

How about a second referendum 10 years after we've left the EU to see if we want to rejoin?

Does that sound fair to everyone?

Everybody happy?

Good.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

The established norm for a referendum is once every 40 years approx. (Best of luck with that, Mrs Krankie).
    I'd be happier with that...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You two sound desperate. When you leave on the terms that were promised by the Leave campaign, let us know.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        How about a second referendum 10 years after we've left the EU to see if we want to rejoin?

Everybody happy?

Good.
        Why would we want/need a 2nd ref, 10 years after we've left, if the UK is going to have all the positives that you lot were sold?

If Brexit is as chaotic, disruptive and as big a negative impact to the UK as anticipated, the UK people will vote in a party that will reverse the 2016 ref well before 10 years have passed. We won't need another ref, the GE will be enough.

Enjoy
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Why would we want/need a 2nd ref, 10 years after we've left, if the UK is going to have all the positives that you lot were sold?

If Brexit is as chaotic, disruptive and as big a negative impact to the UK as anticipated, the UK people will vote in a party that will reverse the 2016 ref well before 10 years have passed. We won't need another ref, the GE will be enough.

Enjoy
          Remainers hope British people will 'starve and die' so UK will return to the EU

I'm alright Jack

Comment

We only want 52% of the population to starve
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              We only want 52% of the population to starve
              It's presumably around 42% now some of the selfish old farts have died off naturally. Balanced by a new generation of brainwashed gullible kids, who believe they can work anywhere in Europe, despite not speaking the local language.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Everybody happy?

Good.
                How about a second referendum on banning AtW? He survived the first in 2006 in favour of booting out AndyW. I reckon this time he is a gonna.

Comment

That way we can join the euro - so much win
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Nope, no second referendum. The UK electorate have voted and now the will of the people must be done regardless of the outcome.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X