Parliament to be  prorogated Parliament to be prorogated - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Posts 161 to 170 of 179

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CryingSheep View Post
    No one can have evidence that Brexit will go wrong the same way you don't have that will go well!!! It has to happen first...
    At last someone who can see that we do have a scooby doo what life will be like after Brexit

So far you can have indications...

Now, there is plenty of evidence that UK has been far better off since joining the EU! Is this not enough evidence/indication that very likely being out of the EU will put us in a worse position?[/QUOTE]

...and you were doing so well. We may have been doing well (ish) but who knows how well we would have done if we have not been in the EU. It may have been even better, it could have been a real sh*t storm. NOBODY KNOWS. So to say that the UK has been far better off since joining the EU is not a statement that can be made without having the parallel universe in which the UK never joined to EU to compare it with.

For what its worth I believe that the global economy/finance has a far greater influence over any countries prosperity than being a member of any club.

If the UK want to be a member of the EU then is should put its balls on the table and join 100% not dick around on the extremities like we have been for the past 40 years, i.e. give up our veto (we don't use it anyway), adopt the Euro and join the Schengen area for starters.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    At last someone who can see that we do have a scooby doo what life will be like after Brexit

Now, there is plenty of evidence that UK has been far better off since joining the EU! Is this not enough evidence/indication that very likely being out of the EU will put us in a worse position?
    ...and you were doing so well. We may have been doing well (ish) but who knows how well we would have done if we have not been in the EU. It may have been even better, it could have been a real sh*t storm. NOBODY KNOWS. So to say that the UK has been far better off since joining the EU is not a statement that can be made without having the parallel universe in which the UK never joined to EU to compare it with.

For what its worth I believe that the global economy/finance has a far greater influence over any countries prosperity than being a member of any club.

If the UK want to be a member of the EU then is should put its balls on the table and join 100% not dick around on the extremities like we have been for the past 40 years, i.e. give up our veto (we don't use it anyway), adopt the Euro and join the Schengen area for starters.[/QUOTE]

Different user name .... same old tripe
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

More time posting than coding

If the UK want to be a member of the EU then is should put its balls on the table and join 100% not dick around on the extremities like we have been for the past 40 years, i.e. give up our veto (we don't use it anyway), adopt the Euro and join the Schengen area for starters.
    You're clearly a lost cause...

Some more facts for you! Since joining the EU, UK was the fastest growing economy, growing in average faster than Germany. Yes, Germany, the country everyone says the EU benefits the most!!!

To believe that UK would have done even better outside the EU is absurd!
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CryingSheep View Post

To believe that UK would have done even better outside the EU is absurd!
    I didn't actually say this though did I. What I said was that it is impossible to claim that the UK could have done better, OR be worse off outside the EU during the same period. Was it due to being in the EU or just down to the global economy? Nobody knows!

More fingers than teeth

Imagine if a referendum asked ‘Do you want the Death Penalty to be restored?’ And 52% said yes. But failed to ascertain what crimes would be punishable by said penalty. This is Brexit.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Imagine if a referendum asked ‘Do you want the Death Penalty to be restored?’ And 52% said yes. But failed to ascertain what crimes would be punishable by said penalty. This is Brexit.
    Will of the people, init?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Banned

One step in the right direction to resolve the root cause ( the climate change elephant in the room) of climate change, the unsustainable exponential population growth of the human race.

More fingers than teeth

One step in the right direction to resolve the root cause ( the climate change elephant in the room) of climate change, the unsustainable exponential population growth of the human race.
    I suspect the root cause is probably....you....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Double Godlike!

I suspect the root cause is probably....you....
    And it's been rooted out. at last
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Double Godlike!

Different subject but, whenever someone makes an argument for the death penalty, my argument back is, what about the execution of people who are later found to be innocent? Inevitably they reply executing the odd innocent person is worth it. I then ask, what if your son or daughter is wrongly convicted? They always answer, my son/daughter would never be arrested…

List of miscarriage of justice cases - Wikipedia
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity