• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliament to be prorogated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    All the players (both leavers and remainers) think it's a terrible treaty for the UK, and Barnier loves it, and insists it can't be changed. I'd call that 'reasonably conclusive'...
    I think you'll find that most of the treaty was decided and written by two parties, in fact the backstop was created by the UK negotiating team
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I think you'll find that most of the treaty was decided and written by two parties, in fact the backstop was created by the UK negotiating team
      He might also find that Barnier and the rest of the EU27 aren’t actually too happy about that, because it gives the U.K. entry into the SM without membership of the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Not me. This is perfect.

If Brexit has all the benefits we are told about, then we win.

If, however, we crash out with no deal and it's as bad as expected, Boris and his cronies will have to face the consequences. The Tories will be kicked out for a generation, and we will ask to go back into the EU (under a LD/SNP/Labour government). We can then re-join the EU and join the Euro. EU skeptics can be put to bed forever.

It's a win-win
        I'd keep quiet about that if I were you. The remain vote would crumble overnight if they knew that total surrender was on the cards...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          And the UK 'team' is a staunch remainer. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the treaty was designed from the ground up to fail in Parliament (and everywhere else) leading to a 2nd ref or GE, resulting in remain/revoke.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Boris Johnson Is Planning A Series Of Extreme Measures In The Coming Weeks To Force Through Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              He might also find that Barnier and the rest of the EU27 aren’t actually too happy about that, because it gives the U.K. entry into the SM without membership of the EU.
              Referring to my previous answer above, I don't think it would ever have come to that.

Comment

Delicious.

The measures were devised by the prime minister’s senior aides who have spent the summer in their Downing Street bunker wargaming how to respond to potential parliamentary manoeuvres by MPs determined to block no-deal. The rebels, by contrast, spent the August holidays debating whether they would back Ken Clarke as a potential caretaker prime minister in an unlikely government of national unity.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Delicious.
                  If you think no deal is on the cards as opposed to pushing through May's deal you're even more of a cretin than I thought
                  It's almost as good as the 80-seat Tory majority you forecast for the last election.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

It smacks more of desperation, a last ditch attempt, than a devious strategy.

"kamikaze" tactics

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      If you think no deal is on the cards as opposed to pushing through May's deal you're even more of a cretin than I thought
                      It's almost as good as the 80-seat Tory majority you forecast for the last election.
                      sas!!!!!!

Welcome back, you whale mince confit!

Comment

Working...
                      X