• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tomorrow's going to be interesting in Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    BJ is full of tulip.

The Germans are still waiting for his alternative plan for the UK/Irish Border.
    This is why he wants out of leadership. He hasn’t got an alternative plan. He hasn’t got a plan for anything, other than trying to find who to blame next.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      it might be good for UK politics in the long run to have a dose of Marxist dogma, not that I want to see it of course, because as is always the case with a Labour government, I'm personally worse off.
      And still you bliding support Brexit! So I guess you believe you will be personally better off with it! Interesting....
      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        He already started the blame game last night.
        The Brexit fiasco is all the fault of those who couldn’t/wouldn’t produce any detail behind their ideas. All they can do is continue to divide the country and continue to look to blame others.
        They are incompetent and incapable of leading this once great nation.

But finally last night, one of the Brexit promises came true. Parliament took back control.
        so, let's assume that a GE is called and Corbyn wins. What will he be able to do? It looks like the HoC will vote today to outlaw a no deal Brexit and the EU have stated categorically that they will not alter the agreement that Mrs. May negotiated. He's not going to be able to re-negotiate the agreement. So the UK stays in the EU and then the leavers will mount a similar campaign against the Labour Government for not honouring the referendum and it all starts again.

However, the presence of the Brexit party may have some effect on the issues, given their success in the EU elections.

Comment

so, let's assume that a GE is called and Corbyn wins. What will he be able to do? It looks like the HoC will vote today to outlaw a no deal Brexit and the EU have stated categorically that they will not alter the agreement that Mrs. May negotiated. He's not going to be able to re-negotiate the agreement. So the UK stays in the EU and then the leavers will mount a similar campaign against the Labour Government for not honouring the referendum and it all starts again.

However, the presence of the Brexit party may have some effect on the issues, given their success in the EU elections.

A bunch of assumptions there.
          Will Corbyn win a clear majority? I very much doubt it. The main newspapers will trash him and make sure of that.

The EU have stated they will not alter the agreement, but as yet there has been no attempt by any Brexit supporter to come up with detailed suggestions on what would be better.
          If the UK Brexit people cannot come up with a single workable detailed idea, then there's nothing for the EU to discuss or debate. Until the UK team can formulate a plan, then the UK are stuffed. But that's what was voted for - no plan, no idea, no thinking.

Comment

What do you mean with "leavers will mount a similar campaign against the Labour Gov"!? Are you insinuating that all this mess was cause by a remainers campaign against Boris!? Really!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
              And still you bliding support Brexit! So I guess you believe you will be personally better off with it! Interesting....
              as I've said previously, for me, Brexit isn't necessarily about being better off financially. I can control my fortunes myself to a certain extent. It's about affecting the lifestyle that I enjoy in a negative way, which is of a greater concern to me. If it were not for the lobbying of FBHVC in the EU, I might not have been able to enjoy some of the things I enjoy now. Almost without exception, those of my friends who have similar social interests to me, hold the same opinion.

Brussels demands tighter restrictions for historic vehicles | Classic & Sports Car
              Last edited by JohntheBike; 4 September 2019, 10:04.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                What do you mean with "leavers will mount a similar campaign against the Labour Gov"!? Are you insinuating that all this mess was cause by a remainers campaign against Boris!? Really!?!?
                it's only an opinion!

Comment

as I've said previously, for me, Brexit isn't necessarily about being better off financially. I can control my fortunes myself to a certain extent. It's about affecting the lifestyle that I enjoy in a negative way, which is of a greater concern to me. If it were not for the lobbying of FBHVC in the EU, I might not have been able to enjoy some of the things I enjoy now. Almost without exception, those of my friends who have similar social interests to me, hold the same opinion.

Brussels demands tighter restrictions for historic vehicles | Classic & Sports Car
                  Feck me. Will someone rid us of this obvious troll?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ah, so the EU laws which mean a classic car doesn't need an MOT is a really bad law and you want that removed. OK, makes sense.
                    Also the bit about tax exemption? You want that removed too?

Great.

...or is it just the bits you don't like that you want rid of, if it saves you money it should stay?

Comment

So you support Brexit not because you would be better off but because potentially you will have better rules to enjoy your classic cars!? Goodness me...

Comment

Working...
                      X