• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So if Boris can't get a GE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Why would you assume UK as more to offer to Ireland than the all EU!? The arrogance continues...

And the same has happened in the UK! If you can't see it is hardly EU's fault...
    Why do you assume the EU gives a fook about Ireland?

Apart from obviously the fact they can use the border issue as a way to try and stop Brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      It would guess that if at some time in the future the citizens of the ROI felt that they had lost a great deal of what they enjoy now in the UK, and have always enjoyed, even prior to EU membership, then perhaps the mood might change. We've had this debate previously. It is obvious to me after speaking to some of those who live in the ROI, that individuals have benefited directly as a result of membership of the EU, whereas, that is less apparent in the UK. The explosion of new build properties financed by EU grants has benefited many individuals in the ROI. The same hasn't happened here in the UK
      Does this give you a clue why the Oirish love the EU?

Breakdown of Ireland's finances with the EU in 2017:

Total EU spending in Ireland: € 1.818 billion
      Total Irish contribution to the EU budget: € 1.777 billion

Breakdown of the UK's finances with the EU in 2017:

Total EU spending in the UK: € 6.326 billion
      Total UK contribution to the EU budget: € 10.575 billion
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

So, what you're saying is, that for a net spend of just over 4 billion, we got tariff and friction free access to one of the biggest single markets in the world ? What a ******* disgrace......
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

So you are saying that all the benefit UK gets from being part of the EU is the direct money invested! Having free access to the biggest single market in the world has no economical value!?
          "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            Do you live in some sleepy suburb in Surrey then, or some other Utopia?

Come to South Wales and open your eyes.
            Your reply does not relate to your earlier post, nor mine, nor does it add anything (as usual)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
              So you are saying that all the benefit UK gets from being part of the EU is the direct money invested! Having free access to the biggest single market in the world has no economical value!?
              I was explaining why the Irish love the EU - I know you're stupid but I credited you with the ability to read.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                So, what you're saying is, that for a net spend of just over 4 billion, we got tariff and friction free access to one of the biggest single markets in the world ? What a ******* disgrace......
                Maybe the Irish should contribute 4 billion for that right too.

Come on, you know I was referring to the Irish getting more out of the pot than they contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  4 billion net?
                  That’s 77 million a week. We should put that on the side of a bus.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was explaining why the Irish love the EU - I know you're stupid but I credited you with the ability to read.
                    So why you included the UK numbers!? Ahhh wait, because you're a cretin... Now makes sense!
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Your reply does not relate to your earlier post, nor mine, nor does it add anything (as usual)
                      OK, I'll spell it out. There are many "traveller" camps in South Wales, because of the ease of access from the ROI, which are populated mainly by citizens of the ROI. Many of those, are old (like me and came to live here before the ROI and the UK were members of the EU, taking advantage of our benefits system and our NHS, provided under the "special relationship" between the ROI and the UK. I re-iterate, there has always been freedom of movement between the ROI and the UK even before both joined the EU. While we are at it, let's not forget that the ROI and the UK were members of the EU for over 20 years prior to the Good Friday agreement. So whatever situation worked then could work now.

Comment

Working...
                      X