• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another one leaves Bojo's sinking ship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amber Rudd resigns

Amber Rudd resigns from cabinet - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Johnson is the worst PM ever. The gammons will still love him.

Comment

No 10 source: ‘as the polls show,the voters are quite happy for the PM to get rid of people who don’t want us to sort out Brexit. There a plenty of talented younger MPs to replace any deadwood.’

We'll see. After an abysmal week, the polling still looks decent, FWIW; 10+ pts over Labour.

Anyway, strategy is clear. Get rid of the hardcore remainers and have an election where the bar for "winning" is lower because all MPs will be signed up.

Will it work? Who knows. Probably not if they can't get an election before 31 Oct.

Comment

Surely you mean "Amber Rudd resigns again"? Or "another incompetent former Home Secretary bites the dust"...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Fat Bojo is beyond diet coke
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Surely you mean "Amber Rudd resigns again"? Or "another incompetent former Home Secretary bites the dust"...
              This time she's resigned the whip.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh dear looks like the shine has gone off Boris

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/...bdem_17_1_bxp/

Con 31% (-4) Lab 28% (+4) Lib-Dem 17% (-1) BXP 13% (-1) Other 10% (+1)

be afraid

...be very afraid

Even Ken Clarke would prefer Corbyn to Boris.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  This time she's resigned the whip.
                  She would have lost her seat anyway.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What I don't understand is Amber Rudd saying Boris is not negotiating enough with the EU. And focusing too much on no deal.

The EU will not change its deal one bit. Why should they?

It was always clear to me the 2016 vote was remain or leave with no deal. There was no way of leaving with a deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X