• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France threatens to veto further Brexit extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I mean lets say you sell sledges from the EU - after Brexit (if it ever happens) that 10% of your sales which went to the UK are under threat - especially if we can get chlorinated sledges for cheaper from the USA. So in that instance we still get sledges and you lose 10% of your sales.

In order to maintain your profits then you need to put your pries up so the rest of the EU countries end up paying more for their sledges.
    I see now why you're a low-level permie.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I see now why you're a low-level permie.
      I wish I could say I was shocked, but oPM's cretinism is standard CUK Brexiteer fare.

Comment

Cannot argue with that bit - the fact the UK has not shown a united front to the EU has made us incredibly weak from a negotiating perspective.

However if the trade deals we get from the EU mean that it is better to switch to suppliers outside the EU then that does not benefit the EU at all.

It's like anything - take tourism in the EU - if they make it difficult for UK people to go on holiday it will negatively impact economies - not saying that tourism from the UK is a large part of EU countries income - it is still a part of it and any slip in income just makes it more difficult for the people of those countries - because there is nothing to fill the gap - it is not like the UK people are stopping other people holidaying in EU countries.

I mean lets say you sell sledges from the EU - after Brexit (if it ever happens) that 10% of your sales which went to the UK are under threat - especially if we can get chlorinated sledges for cheaper from the USA. So in that instance we still get sledges and you lose 10% of your sales.

In order to maintain your profits then you need to put your pries up so the rest of the EU countries end up paying more for their sledges.
        Once again I have to say... you don't have a clue!!!

Even with an united front EU would and always will be in a far stronger position than the UK (how hard can be to get it!?!)

About EU suffering with a no deal, yes a bit, but nothing even close to what you might think/imagine/dream.

British will still buy Champagne, prosecco, French cheese, Spanish wine etc etc… even if prices go up 10/20/30%. You cant get any of this from US can you!?

Holidays the same! Even if going on holidays to Europe will go up 10/20/30% will still be the cheapest destination for Brits, why anything relevant would change here!?
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post

British will still buy Champagne, prosecco, French cheese, Spanish wine etc etc… even if prices go up 10/20/30%. You cant get any of this from US can you!?

Holidays the same! Even if going on holidays to Europe will go up 10/20/30% will still be the cheapest destination for Brits, why anything relevant would change here!?
          This doesn't concern the average brexiter. They like their cheddar and holidays in blackpool. They don't know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The rich are going to get richer and the poor much poorer.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I like Boris's idea of reducing tax for the rich. Now if only IR35 was repealed, the UK would suddenly become very attractive.
              Mind you, you'd have to spend more money on gated communities and protection to keep out the underclass, like bits of the US or South Africa.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Holy f**k. I used to think your stupidity was an act, but clearly I was wrong.

Thick C**t Post of the decade.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  I used to think
                  Linky?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    This doesn't concern the average brexiter. They like their cheddar and holidays in blackpool. They don't know any better.
                    True that...
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Holy f**k. I used to think your stupidity was an act, but clearly I was wrong.

Thick C**t Post of the decade.
                      On the plus side, we've got a strong replacement for Yorkie.

Comment

Working...
                      X