• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France threatens to veto further Brexit extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I like Boris's idea of reducing tax for the rich. Now if only IR35 was repealed, the UK would suddenly become very attractive.
    Mind you, you'd have to spend more money on gated communities and protection to keep out the underclass, like bits of the US or South Africa.
    I'm coming up to 50 but now semi retired, only working part of the year. Closed my company down a few years ago and go through an umbrella now. I say bring on IR35 to the private sector - not going to impact me, might get rid of some contractors and reduce competition for when I do want to pick up a bit of work
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      might get rid of some contractors and reduce competition for when I do want to pick up a bit of work
      You'll be fine. Nobody can hold a candle to you when it comes to selling pegs and lucky heather.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        You'll be fine. Nobody can hold a candle to you when it comes to selling pegs and lucky heather.

I don't do so well when I try to sell my wares around your council estate. I can barely get past the old sofas to get to your front door
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          Once again I have to say... you don't have a clue!!!

Even with an united front EU would and always will be in a far stronger position than the UK (how hard can be to get it!?!)

About EU suffering with a no deal, yes a bit, but nothing even close to what you might think/imagine/dream.

British will still buy Champagne, prosecco, French cheese, Spanish wine etc etc… even if prices go up 10/20/30%. You cant get any of this from US can you!?

Holidays the same! Even if going on holidays to Europe will go up 10/20/30% will still be the cheapest destination for Brits, why anything relevant would change here!?
          Why would I buy French cheese when I can buy English cheese and store it in one of my old socks for a week or two?
          Australian and NZ wine are far better value options than French wine.
          How does a holiday to the continent become more expensive? Are European hotels allowed to charge 30% more to anyone with a UK passport?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            How does a holiday to the continent become more expensive? Are European hotels allowed to charge 30% more to anyone with a UK passport?

Jeez. The reason thick fookers like you got the vote is the reason the Uk is in the pickle it is.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Jeez. The reason thick fookers like you got the vote is the reason the Uk is in the pickle it is.
              Yep. OPM and Mordy are having a real bun fight for Yorkie's Cretin of the Year crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Why would I buy French cheese when I can buy English cheese and store it in one of my old socks for a week or two?
                Australian and NZ wine are far better value options than French wine.
                I think your short-sighted comments/opinions explain well why you support so strongly Brexit!

For starts leaving without a deal, mean you might incur on visa fees anytime you want to travel to the EU, plus, flying to and from UK will become way more expensive (tell me if the reasons aren't obvious to you!). On top of this the obvious depreciation of the pound will make holidays expensier, here I will say you are partially right, will make it more expensive to EU as to anywhere else (maybe not to some African country with a faster currency depreciation, that will always be an option!)

Just in case Math isn't your strong suit, since the referendum the pound dropped ~25% in value compared to the Euro, making effectively ~25% expensier for Brits (or people paid in pounds) to travel to Eurozone! No wonder Dublin feels more expensive than London lately...
                "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Yep. OPM and Mordy are having a real bun fight for Yorkie's Cretin of the Year crown.
                  That crown is already taken.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2679019

Scroll down, and all is revealed.
                  Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 10 September 2019, 11:53.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Who cares what the cheese eating surrender monkeys think.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                      I think your short-sighted comments/opinions explain well why you support so strongly Brexit!

For starts leaving without a deal, mean you might incur on visa fees anytime you want to travel to the EU, plus, flying to and from UK will become way more expensive (tell me if the reasons aren't obvious to you!). On top of this the obvious depreciation of the pound will make holidays expensier, here I will say you are partially right, will make it more expensive to EU as to anywhere else (maybe not to some African country with a faster currency depreciation, that will always be an option!)

Just in case Math isn't your strong suit, since the referendum the pound dropped ~25% in value compared to the Euro, making effectively ~25% expensier for Brits (or people paid in pounds) to travel to Eurozone! No wonder Dublin feels more expensive than London lately...
                      Good job I have a nice supply of Euros tucked away in my Euro account then, isn't it...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X