• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France threatens to veto further Brexit extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France threatens to veto further Brexit extension

I won't trigger Jamie any more with a Guardian link.

So withdrawing Article 50 it is!

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I won't trigger Jamie any more with a Guardian link.

So withdrawing Article 50 it is!

Sadly I think an extension will still be offered.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Sadly I think an extension will still be offered.
      There's always the WA.

Comment

Is that what you think will happen?

(BTW, this whole mockery thing relies on a semblance of wit. For example, I call you Old Smeg, and you come back with something that's both clever and mean. Jamie. )

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Is that what you think will happen?

(BTW, this whole mockery thing relies on a semblance of wit. For example, I call you Old Smeg, and you come back with something that's both clever and mean. Jamie. )
          Hard to say what's going to happen. It's just fun watching the gammonerati floundering about in their pursuit of British parliamentary sovereignty.

Comment

Hard to say what's going to happen. It's just fun watching the gammonerati floundering about in their pursuit of British parliamentary sovereignty.
            It's just as fun to watch the CUK expat remoanerati having an existential meltdown over Brexit. So I guess Brexit is a win-win afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              It's just as fun to watch the CUK expat remoanerati having an existential meltdown over Brexit. So I guess Brexit is a win-win afterall.
              If that projection helps you deal with your anger issues, I'm glad for you.

Comment

If that projection helps you deal with your anger issues, I'm glad for you.
                I too am comforted that you've found your safe space.

Comment

Can't see the EU offering another extension myself. It's like that roommate always making excuses for a sub, get paid at the end of the month etc. All that happens is they sit on their arse all day watching daytime TV.

It's like a bandaid, rip it off fast. Besides the EU has its own issues that need money rather than burning it on Brexit sheet.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If I was the EU, I'd make it clear that an extension is very unlikely to be granted.

Then, when BoJo requests one, I'd grant it just to screw him.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                    X