• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A plan which has just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A plan which has just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

Sajid Javid: We have a cunning plan (but chancellor says it would be ‘madness’ to tell us) | Metro Newspaper UK

Now this I can't wait to see.....

Sending letter requesting Brexit extension to EU as new law requires... then sending ANOTHER explaining why they should ignore the first

Dear God....

Comment

Assuming the EU wants to avoid a no-deal Brexit...

They'd be better off granting us an extension and hoping that the subsequent GE returns a different Government.

It's a bit like being given two choices.

a) forfeit £100 on 31 Oct
      OR
      b) flip a coin and, only if it's tails, forfeit £100

Bit of a no-brainer really.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        Assuming the EU wants to avoid a no-deal Brexit...
        I am amazed they are not totally hacked off by now.

Comment

Hapless Boris has indeed been reduced to the condition of Baldrick.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Hapless Boris has indeed been reduced to the condition of Baldrick.
            With Cummings being Blackadder?
            Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I am amazed they are not totally hacked off by now.
              I'm sure they are but they'll probably still want to avoid no-deal, especially for the sake of Ireland.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I'm sure they are but they'll probably still want to avoid no-deal, especially for the sake of Ireland.
                I don't believe they will sacrifice core principals.

Comment

I've been talking to a few people in the know in Brussels.
                  There's total bemusement over the condition of UK politics, the ingrained respect for Britain has vanished, probably for good.
                  And any goodwill the EU had, and there was plenty, seems to be evaporating too.
                  The basic problem is that its impossible to negotatiate with a country which is so politically unstable.
                  A deal was agreed after a lot of hard work and now its been unilaterally rejected by the UK.
                  Why should they go through that again?
                  Incidentally, the backstop was a UK proposal.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I've been talking to a few people in the know in Brussels.
                    There's total bemusement over the condition of UK politics, the ingrained respect for Britain has vanished, probably for good.
                    And any goodwill the EU had, and there was plenty, seems to be evaporating too.
                    The basic problem is that its impossible to negotatiate with a country which is so politically unstable.
                    A deal was agreed after a lot of hard work and now its been unilaterally rejected by the UK.
                    Why should they go through that again?
                    Incidentally, the backstop was a UK proposal.
                    The dominant view in Dublin and Brussels is:

1 The UK will probably leave with No Deal
                    2 The UK will quickly return to the EU to negotiate an FTA
                    3 The EU will be happy to negotiate once the UK has agreed to the divorce payment, backstop and rights of EU citizens.

Comment

Working...
                    X