• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proroguing Parliament declared illegal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seemingly only Scottish law applies as Queenie was in Scotland when she signed the paper authorising the prorogation!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      so, let's see the law that says that this action is only allowed in order to prepare a new Queen's speech. From Wiki -

The power to prorogue Parliament belongs to the Monarch as part of the Royal Prerogative, on the advice of the Privy Council,[2] but is rarely refused if requested by the prime minister.
      Yes, because she is a constitutional Monarch with purely ceremonial duties. The process is a formality. Three ministers attend the Privy Council, tell HM that the prime minister would like her to issue an order in council to prorogue parliament and she then does so. There is no discussion or debate. If Boris made the request on the pretext of the lawful reason of wanting to reset the legislative program and introduce a new one via a Queens speech, when in fact used he used it as a means to prevent parliament scrutinising his actions then that is the bit that is unlawful, which is what the three Scottish Law Lords unanimously agreed upon.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Send in Nicola, she'll sort it out. She's already bested several Tory PM's.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I do believe Remainers are being short-sighted in trying so hard to stop Brexit.
          It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to (1) make a lot of money and (2) discredit the stupids for at least half a century.
          Any intelligent Remainers should be actively working for a hard Brexit.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well I don't care now. I'm unaffected

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Well I don't care now. I'm unaffected
              so GATF then you irritating ****!

Comment

There there Brexling tears a river they'll make. Forget sunny uplands, here's have a cookie recipe instead. (Belgium chocolate I'm afraid)

HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER (HOW TO MAKE EASY COOKIES FROM SCRATCH)

Like I said, these cookies are crazy easy, however here are a few notes!
                1. Soften butter. If you are planning on making these, take the butter out of the fridge first thing in the morning so it’s ready to go when you need it!
                2. Measure the flour correctly. Be sure to use a measuring cup made for dry ingredients (NOT a pyrex liquid measuring cup). There has been some controversy on how to measure flour! I personally use the scoop and shake method and always have (gasp)! It’s easier and I have never had that method fail me! Many of you say that the only way to measure flour is to scoop it into the measuring cup and level with a knife. I say, measure it the way youalways do. Just make sure that the dough matches the consistency of the dough in the photos in this post.
                3. Use LOTS of chocolate chips. Do I really need to explain this?!
                4. DO NOT over-bake these chocolate chip cookies! I explain this more below, but these chocolate chip cookies will not look done when you pull them out of the oven, and that is GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  There there Brexling tears a river they'll make. Forget sunny uplands, here's have a cookie recipe instead. (Belgium chocolate I'm afraid)
                  you can't even type in English you feckwit.

Comment

Pound Sterling Extends Gains, Court Rules Suspension of Parliament Unlawful

Pound Sterling Extends Gains, Court Rules Suspension of Parliament Unlawful
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      you can't even type in English you feckwit.
                      Admin we know its you. Try to be more imaginative with your sockies FFS.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X