Proroguing Parliament declared illegal Proroguing Parliament declared illegal
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 96

Nice But Dim

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Still gathering requirements...

Fear mongering remoaner enemy of the people judges etc etc

More fingers than teeth

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Starting to understand this "taking back control" rhubarb.
    Suspend Democracy, break the law and appoint judges.
    General Pinochet's Chile here we come.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

Unanimous decision that the PM “misled” (ie lied to) the sovereign.

Leaving aside the decision to prorogue, and the lying, and needing govt docs to be leaked instead of published, there’s still a fundamental question that needs answering:

If Brexit is going to be so good for the country, why can’t the Brexiters sell it on its merits? Why all the shifty back door shenanigans for something that is supposed to be for the country’s benefit?

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post

Leaving aside the decision to prorogue, and the lying, and needing govt docs to be leaked instead of published, there’s still a fundamental question that needs answering:

If Brexit is going to be so good for the country, why can’t the Brexiters sell it on its merits? Why all the shifty back door shenanigans for something that is supposed to be for the country’s benefit?
    Precisely, so far not one person has actually given any concrete benefits yet the government continue to create reports only outlining how bad it could possibly be. It must be pretty bad as they now believe that the general public should not see these documents, in fact insiders within No. 10 have said that "Brexit is finished" if the general public saw the reports. and even Leadsom believes that you shouldn't see them:

I actually do not think that it serves people well to see what is the absolutely worst thing that could happen. The worst thing that could happen to me is I could walk out of here and get run over. It is not a prediction, but it is something that could happen. And simply putting out there all of the possible permutations of what could happen actually just serves to concern people. Whereas what the government is doing is working flat out to ensure that in all circumstances, including in the event of no deal, we have a smooth transition for the United Kingdom. There is so much work underway to make sure that in all circumstances the UK will absolutely thrive once we leave the EU
    Until the government can produce facts and figures that leaving the EU will lead to sunny uplands I would suggest taking the worse case scenario as that is the only proof they have worked out...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    According to the latest Private Eye, Brenda was in on the decision.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

I live on CUK

Treacherous judges. There was a longer prorogation in 1930. What's the problem?

But none of this will bother the gammons. They hate parliamentary sovereignty and the rule of law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    According to the latest Private Eye, Brenda was in on the decision.
    If this is the case, then it would have been done deliberately in order to implicate the old girl in any proceedings.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

I live on CUK

The Tory snowflakes are saying that the Scottish judges are biased.
    25 June 2018

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    If this is the case, then it would have been done deliberately in order to implicate the old girl in any proceedings.
    If Johnson misled Brenda as to the reasons for prorogation, he should resign. However, as he doesn't have a shred of integrity, he will carry on.

And the gammons will love it. They hate integrity.
    25 June 2018