• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Brexit boost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Brexit boost

Drivers' fury at GBP600,000 fines from EVERY smart motorway camera | Daily Mail Online

We just need to extend this every aspect of life and economy will be booming!

What I have never understood is each camera measures number plate, speed and time.

So on a smart motorway it is known how fast cars travelled between cameras.

So why don't they issue fines based on average between cameras?

Comment

Thing is..
      Smart motorways are not 'new' at all.

So follow the signs and drive within the limit and you will not get a fine...

Not sure what the problem is really.

Comment

The poor little gammon flakes. Stick to the speed limit and don't drive down a lane that has a massive red x on it.

Simple really.

The comments section is hilarious. No hard shoulder (never driven on a dual carriage way?), only there to rob people of cash (or enforce the speed limit and automate the punishment). Poor little gammons.
        Last edited by BlueSharp; 16 September 2019, 09:36.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          The poor little gammon flakes. Stick to the speed limit and don't drive down a lane that has a massive red x on it.

Simple really.

The comments section is hilarious. No hard shoulder (never driven on a dual carriage way?), only there to rob people of cash (or enforce the speed limit and automate the punishment). Poor little gammons.
          About 6 months ago I saw a couple of drivers getting out of X lanes at last possible moment so unable to merge. And therefore holding up an ambulance and a fire engine.

I suppose for the M25 thats about right.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            About 6 months ago I saw a couple of drivers getting out of X lanes at last possible moment so unable to merge. And therefore holding up an ambulance and a fire engine.

I suppose for the M25 thats about right.....

They would never of bothered moving unless the ambulance and fire engine where there. I was done by a smart camera in Bristol. Nothing on the matrix board on the overhead gantry but got a fine and penalty for doing 86 in a 70 very late at night so no traffic. Took the speed awareness course like a champ and zero gammon flakery involved. You do wonder what is lacking in some of these peoples lives for all the fake outrage.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

They would never of bothered moving unless the ambulance and fire engine where there. I was done by a smart camera in Bristol. Nothing on the matrix board on the overhead gantry but got a fine and penalty for doing 86 in a 70 very late at night so no traffic. Took the speed awareness course like a champ and zero gammon flakery involved. You do wonder what is lacking in some of these peoples lives for all the fake outrage.
              And what do you learn on that "speed awareness course"? How to pay more attention to the radar warnings on waze or the radar marks on the road and slow down on time!?
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

It always amazes me when I see people going through those cameras at ~90mph. Its a total lottery if you will get done or not. You were unlucky.

And the worst thing is that the difference in accident rates between 80mph and 70mph is very little. Doing 40mph in a 30mph zone is way more dangerous and what the authorities should be focusing on.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                  And what do you learn on that "speed awareness course"? How to pay more attention to the radar warnings on waze or the radar marks on the road and slow down on time!?
                  That driving like knob head has consequences and if you're paying more attention to radar warnings and radar signs than keeping to the speed limit you're going to fast.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It always amazes me when I see people going through those cameras at ~90mph. Its a total lottery if you will get done or not. You were unlucky.

And the worst thing is that the difference in accident rates between 80mph and 70mph is very little. Doing 40mph in a 30mph zone is way more dangerous and what the authorities should be focusing on.
                    I agree, I'm a stickler for sticking to the urban speed limits, it's all 20 speed zones near me which I do try to stick to much to the annoyance of the knob heads who are rat running the back streets.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X