• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit cancelled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit cancelled

There are no excuses now for remain voters. Either vote for the Lib Dems or Greens (or SNP across the border) at the next GE, or stop whinging. A vote for any other party is a vote to leave.

If the Lib Dems don't get close to 48% of the vote in England and Wales then remain voters deserve to see the UK taken out of the EU by the Tories or Corbyn and should just STFU

Lib Dems pledge to cancel Brexit if they win general election - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    There are no excuses now for remain voters. Either vote for the Lib Dems or Greens (or SNP across the border) at the next GE, or stop whinging. A vote for any other party is a vote to leave.

If the Lib Dems don't get close to 48% of the vote in England and Wales then remain voters deserve to see the UK taken out of the EU by the Tories or Corbyn and should just STFU

Lib Dems pledge to cancel Brexit if they win general election - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Meh! If you're a remainer, vote Lib Dem. Or vote for another party and get brexit. Surely even you can understand that

Anyone who complains about Brexit afterwards, but didn't vote Lib Dem (or Green, or SNP) can go and fook off

Comment

Meh! If you're a remainer, vote Lib Dem. Or vote for another party and get brexit. Surely even you can understand that

Anyone who complains about Brexit afterwards, but didn't vote Lib Dem (or Green, or SNP) can go and fook off

Comment

Meh! If you're a remainer, vote Lib Dem.
          I agree.

Do you think that the LDs would support Labour in a coalition? (personally I don't see LD bagging 48% or even close)

Do you think Remain would win a 2nd referendum with LD and Labour campaigning vigorously for Remain?

Do you think LD would bring down the coalition if Leave won again? I do admire them for being honest that they want to just stop Brexit and would ignore a second referendum result if it didn't go their way).

Genuine questions... I quite enjoy pondering the hypotheticals that politicians never like to talk about when interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Do you think that the LDs would support Labour in a coalition? (personally I don't see LD bagging 48% or even close)
            - No. Once bitten twice shy. They may do a vote by vote support, but can't see them forming a formal coalition and especially not with Corbyn as PM
            - Agreed, can't see the LDs getting anywhere near 48% because British voters are idiots. They complain constantly, but when push comes to shove they vote for the same colour rosette as always. If you're a remainer, and don't vote LD then you have no right to complain when we get brexit

Do you think Remain would win a 2nd referendum with LD and Labour campaigning vigorously for Remain?
            - Under Corbyn Labour won't back remain in a 2nd ref. Corbyn is a leaver, hence why remainers only have the choice of LD, Green or SNP if they truly want to vote for a remain party. Any other vote is a vote to leave.

Do you think LD would bring down the coalition if Leave won again? I do admire them for being honest that they want to just stop Brexit and would ignore a second referendum result if it didn't go their way).
            - If (and it's a big if), there was a 2nd ref, and Labour were somehow leading a minority government, and leave won again, then who knows what will happen. Would LDs have enough seats to make a difference (same goes for the SNP)? How minority would the Labour government be? What would be the Tory stance to a labour brexit? Too many ifs to a situation that is very unlikely to happen.

This is why remain voters have a clear choice at the polls - vote for LD and to remain, or vote for Tory, give them a majority, and let them have their hard brexit and see how well that goes for them. A Labour vote isn't in the remainer's interest.
            Last edited by Whorty; 16 September 2019, 11:45.

Comment

- No. Once bitten twice shy. They may do a vote by vote support, but can't see them forming a formal coalition and especially not with Corbyn as PM
              - Agreed, can't see the LDs getting anywhere near 48% because British voters are idiots. They complain constantly, but when push comes to shove they vote for the same colour rosette as always. If you're a remainer, and don't vote LD then you have no right to complain when we get brexit

- Under Corbyn Labour won't back remain in a 2nd ref. Corbyn is a leaver, hence why remainers only have the choice of LD, Green or SNP if they truly want to vote for a remain party. Any other vote is a vote to leave.

- If (and it's a big if), there was a 2nd ref, and Labour were somehow leading a minority government, and leave won again, then who knows what will happen. Would LDs have enough seats to make a difference (same goes for the SNP)? How minority would the Labour government be? What would be the Tory stance to a labour brexit? Too many ifs to a situation that is very unlikely to happen.

This is why remain voters have a clear choice at the polls - vote for LD and to remain, or vote for Tory, give them a majority, and let them have their hard brexit and see how well that goes for them. A Labour vote isn't in the remainer's interest.

Thanks! Very interesting. In fact I just heard on the news that JS said today that she "won't prop up" a Corbyn led government. So you're right, coalition is off the table.

Ah I forgot the SNP they would certainly support a Labour coalition.

I agree Corbyn is a leaver, but John McDonnell and Emily Thornberry have both said recently that Labour would campaign to remain. We'll see how this one develops!

I think we're gonna need a bigger popcorn container

Comment

Won't we have already left by the time of a GE? Oct 31st do or die, and all that.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Will get binned for sure, just hope the leave voters pick up the invoice for several years of lost economic activity. A special tax code perhaps.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Will get binned for sure, just hope the leave voters pick up the invoice for several years of lost economic activity. A special tax code perhaps.
                    I suspect any financial loss you incur will be self-inflicted not Brexit-related

Comment

Working...
                    X