Lib Dems pledge to cancel Brexit if they win general election Lib Dems pledge to cancel Brexit if they win general election - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Can always have a referendum to rejoin the EU
    New members will be required to join EURO zone too

  2. #22

    More time posting than coding

    CryingSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    New members will be required to join EURO zone too
    That will be the cherry on top of the cake for the EU!
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

  3. #23

    More time posting than coding

    CryingSheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Although with the economic decline UK will suffer they might be afraid they might have to rescue it...
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

  4. #24

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Can always have a referendum to rejoin the EU
    Where's me mint sauce...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  5. #25

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    New members will be required to join EURO zone too
    Either,
    (a) UK new membership fee will be so large (no rebate) that they will give exemption in return for big fee
    (b) EU is best thing in the world and can do no wrong, all hail the Euro !

    UK Win either way :-)

  6. #26

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    Either,
    (a) UK new membership fee will be so large (no rebate) that they will give exemption in return for big fee
    (b) EU is best thing in the world and can do no wrong, all hail the Euro !

    UK Win either way :-)
    So much whining in the last 3 years

  7. #27

    Godlike

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    Either,
    (a) UK new membership fee will be so large (no rebate) that they will give exemption in return for big fee
    (b) EU is best thing in the world and can do no wrong, all hail the Euro !

    UK Win either way :-)
    As a remainer I can say the EU is not the best thing in the world but it the best the UK can get. The EU has many flaws but the other member countries get around them without a fuss. If only 1% of the effort and money put into Brexit was spent on reforming the EU, I think most people would be happy.

    My gripe with the EU is that since 1980, the trend for support has moved from small business towards large corporates. Many Brits were very much against the CAP that favoured small farms that are found mainly in France and some other EU countries. I thought the CAP subsidies were a good thing as it guaranteed work for the rural communities, it meant that we had quality food and a reliable supply of food be it slightly more expensive. Supporting large conglomerates results in less tax revenue, fewer jobs, poor quality service, poor quality food and poor health.

    The fact that DB can buy a rail franchise in the UK and use the profits to subsidise German railways (DB) is not the fault of the Germans but the fault of the gross incompetence of the UK government.

    Let's stay in the EU and work with like-minded people in other EU countries.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  8. #28

    Better than AtW


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    As a remainer I can say the EU is not the best thing in the world but it the best the UK can get. The EU has many flaws but the other member countries get around them without a fuss. If only 1% of the effort and money put into Brexit was spent on reforming the EU, I think most people would be happy.

    My gripe with the EU is that since 1980, the trend for support has moved from small business towards large corporates. Many Brits were very much against the CAP that favoured small farms that are found mainly in France and some other EU countries. I thought the CAP subsidies were a good thing as it guaranteed work for the rural communities, it meant that we had quality food and a reliable supply of food be it slightly more expensive. Supporting large conglomerates results in less tax revenue, fewer jobs, poor quality service, poor quality food and poor health.

    The fact that DB can buy a rail franchise in the UK and use the profits to subsidise German railways (DB) is not the fault of the Germans but the fault of the gross incompetence of the UK government.

    Let's stay in the EU and work with like-minded people in other EU countries.
    Flipping 'eck. A thoughtful post on Cuk. Who'd a thunk it?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •