• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems pledge to cancel Brexit if they win general election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Can always have a referendum to rejoin the EU
    New members will be required to join EURO zone too

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      That will be the cherry on top of the cake for the EU!
      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Although with the economic decline UK will suffer they might be afraid they might have to rescue it...
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          Can always have a referendum to rejoin the EU
          Where's me mint sauce...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Either,
            (a) UK new membership fee will be so large (no rebate) that they will give exemption in return for big fee
            (b) EU is best thing in the world and can do no wrong, all hail the Euro !

UK Win either way :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Either,
              (a) UK new membership fee will be so large (no rebate) that they will give exemption in return for big fee

So much whining in the last 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Either,

As a remainer I can say the EU is not the best thing in the world but it the best the UK can get. The EU has many flaws but the other member countries get around them without a fuss. If only 1% of the effort and money put into Brexit was spent on reforming the EU, I think most people would be happy.

My gripe with the EU is that since 1980, the trend for support has moved from small business towards large corporates. Many Brits were very much against the CAP that favoured small farms that are found mainly in France and some other EU countries. I thought the CAP subsidies were a good thing as it guaranteed work for the rural communities, it meant that we had quality food and a reliable supply of food be it slightly more expensive. Supporting large conglomerates results in less tax revenue, fewer jobs, poor quality service, poor quality food and poor health.

The fact that DB can buy a rail franchise in the UK and use the profits to subsidise German railways (DB) is not the fault of the Germans but the fault of the gross incompetence of the UK government.

Let's stay in the EU and work with like-minded people in other EU countries.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  As a remainer I can say the EU is not the best thing in the world but it the best the UK can get. The EU has many flaws but the other member countries get around them without a fuss. If only 1% of the effort and money put into Brexit was spent on reforming the EU, I think most people would be happy.

My gripe with the EU is that since 1980, the trend for support has moved from small business towards large corporates. Many Brits were very much against the CAP that favoured small farms that are found mainly in France and some other EU countries. I thought the CAP subsidies were a good thing as it guaranteed work for the rural communities, it meant that we had quality food and a reliable supply of food be it slightly more expensive. Supporting large conglomerates results in less tax revenue, fewer jobs, poor quality service, poor quality food and poor health.

The fact that DB can buy a rail franchise in the UK and use the profits to subsidise German railways (DB) is not the fault of the Germans but the fault of the gross incompetence of the UK government.

Let's stay in the EU and work with like-minded people in other EU countries.
                  Flipping 'eck. A thoughtful post on Cuk. Who'd a thunk it?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                  X